Tuesday, December 2, 2008

3-D Christmas gift exchange

Tonight was demo camp with the demo group, Creative to the Core, I am signed up under. This time of year we always do a gift exchange for those that wish to participate. The rules are that it has to be 3-D and at least under $5.00. It's always fun to make something, take it all covered up and then end up with something else. To exchange the 'gifts', we start out with our own gifts, we are then read a story where if a certain word is said, we pass to the right and if another word is said, we pass to the left. When the story ends, hopefully we didn't end up with our own gift and take turn opening up our presents!




I saw this cute little backpack on Tonya Klar's blog and proceeded to make it for the gift exchange. I used Baja Breeze paper and Garden Tea dsp along with the Baja Breeze striped ribbon. The backpack was just the right size for 6 gingersnap cookies from my first batch of Dipped Gingersnap cookies that I had made on Monday! I also made a matching booklet that you can see here when I made it for customers as I didn't get a picture of it. I used Pocket Silhouettes as the image on the front of the booklet.




So that was my gift that I whipped up today. If you have problems viewing the video on Tonya's blog, you can find it on youtube.com. Measurement directions are on Tonya's blog though.

So do you want to see what I got? Drum roll.........

This is how it was 'wrapped'. I saw the box as soon as I got there tonight and wanted it! So did 20 or so other ladies!! lol And this is what was inside it:

Isn't this GORGEOUS!! Karen stamped on vellum and attached it to the 'clothe' sides! Everyone was drooling over it, we even had to plug it in. But it's mine! All mine!! (insert evil laugh!)

Just another view. All I can say is WOW and Thank you, Karen! I love it.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your backpack turned out cute!! Is the vellum lamp actually attached to clothes pins???
It's very pretty!!

fishlips said...

What a fun party this had to be...Oh my I love your backpack filled with cookies, it's totally lovely, and the gift you ended up walking away is amazing looking too...wow What fun!!!!

Janine T said...

I was at the meeting last night with Amber. The gift she gave was way tooo cute as was the gift she received! The backpack was a great hit with everyone! What a great gift to make for any girl you need a holiday gift for. Everything Amber makes is so beautiful, professional looking and "clean" looking.Wish all of you could know her as I do. She is a very talented and special person.

Jennifer Schmidt said...

These are such beautiful, creative gifts. The backpack is gorgeous, as is the lamp!

Janine said...

Thanks for participating in the cookie recipe exchange Amber... I will snag your recipe for the booklet... What a great backpack too.!!

Unknown said...

Your back pack is super cute! The prezzie you got was wow too!

Anonymous said...

That backpack is so cute. It doesn't look like it is made of paper. When I first saw it I thought, "where did she get material that matches stampin up paper?".

The lamp you got is beautiful. Lucky girl.

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh Amber, that is gorgeous, I bet is so beautiful when it's turned on, all soft and glowing. All the designs you've posted today are over-the-top fabulous!

Louise F NZ said...

I love your back pack so cute, and yum cookies! Crikey the gift you recieved is just spactacular! Lucky You!!!

Katie said...

what cute gifts, now I REALLY wish I had been there, instead of home with the flu!

gale said...

Wow very cute stuff! What you made is adorable and what you got is so pretty!

Tlbran said...

Your backpack is so cute! What a great idea and those cookies look so yummy! The lamp you received is awesome. Your party sounds like it was a blast. What a great way to exchange gifts.