Friday, December 14, 2007

Dipped Gingersnaps

Tonight I am going to a Christmas cookie exchange party. I have to take 3 dozen cookies and hopefully come home with 3 dozen cookies! We also have to decorate a container that we will trade and use to carry our cookies home. (Guess what I am doing today? Decorating my container!)

I had to make my most asked for cookies for the party. Dipped Gingersnaps! I usually make 3-4 batches of them during the holiday season. So what you say? Well... each recipe is suppose to make 14 dozen cookies!!! This is my SECOND batch so far!! And the first batch (103 cookies, yes, I counted) didn't even get dipped! lol

So I thought I would share the recipe with you and maybe it will become a family favorite for you too. (If not, it makes good gifts for your friends and family!)

The recipe comes from Taste of Home Dec/Jan '97 issue.

Dipped Gingersnaps
2 cups sugar, 1 1/2 cups oil, 2 eggs, 1/2 cup molasses, 4 cups flour
4 teaspoons baking soda, 1 tablespoon ginger, 2 teaspoon cinnamon,
1 teaspoon salt, Additional sugar, 2 packages vanilla baking chips*,
1/4 cup shortening
In a mixing bowl, combine sugar and oil; mix well. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in molasses. Combine dry ingredients; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Shape into 3/4 in balls** and roll in sugar. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until cookie springs back when touched lightly. Remove to wire racks to cool. Melt chips with shortening in a small saucepan over low heat. Dip the cookis halfway; shake off excess. Place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets to harden.
Yield: about 14 1/2 dozen
*I use white chocolate bark too.
** The Pampered Chef cookie scoop is WONDERFUL for this as your hands get really messy!
Here is the finished results (obviously not all of them, they wouldn't all fit!). Don't they look yummy? They are soooo soft and chewie. They are even good not dipped! Let me know if you try them and what you think.

2 comments:

LorettaL said...

These look so delectable!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Charlene (LilLuvsStampin)
Thanks for sharing the recipe! These look divine and will make an excellent Christmas gift for some of my co-workers!