Thursday, October 9, 2008

Customer Monogram gift

Last month I promised the first five Stampin' UP! orders a special gift from me. I knew what I was going to do but was stuck with what to put on the front. Today's Ways To Use It 187 challenge was to use Monograms. Perfect!!

I used Letterpress Alphabet and Brushstroke Alphabet for my monograms. (I know they are retired but it's all I have) I'm stuck on Urban Garden design paper, Kiwi Kiss and Basic Gray. I also used Kiwi Kiss striped ribbon. Rectangle scallop punch and a few layers added to it for the monogram.





The orginal directions can be found here thanks to Patti. I am going to give you the directions here too as I changed most of the measurements but like two.

You will need a 7 7/8 x 5 1/2 piece of plain cardstock for the cover. Score at 3 5/8 and 4 1/8.

My basic gray was cut 5 3/8 x 3 10/16 and layered with Urban Garden dp that was 5 2/8 x 3 9/16. you don't have to layer, layer like I did nor do you have to use design paper. Stamp the cardstock instead if you like.

Inside:

For Calendar background you will need a contrast color (I used the same dp), stamp if desired. My piece was 2 5/8 x 3 1/2. I got my calendar from here on Splitcoast and added the brads all the way through the design paper too.

For the Paper Clip Holder you will need a 2 x 1 contrast piece of paper or smaller. (still dp for me) Fold 1/2 inch on either side and place about 4 down from top, lining edges up with the calendar paper layer. To make the paper clip, I use the smallest circle on the coluzzle for my monogram. The next size bigger for the back layer which I used the 3/16" corner round punch on. Don't forget a matching back piece. I attached them together with sticky tape.

For the Index Cards (Page markers) You will need 2 1/4 x 2 3/8 ( I think this is the only measurement I kept the same as Patti beside the main cardstock piece). Score at 1/4 inch on 3 sides. Attach beside the paper clip holder. Take care not to get it overtop of your paper clip holder or you will have a hard time getting your page markers in the pocket. To make the Index card page markers, cut the cards down to 2 1/2" x 1 1/2". Use the slit punch.

I cut down jr legal size notepads to fit. Covered the top with contrast color, Urban Garden dp, and attached to the 'booklet' with sticky tape just at the top. Pen holder piece can be made as big or as small as you want it. It's attached to the 'booklet' with sticky tape too.

To tie it all off (no pun intended!! lol) I cut two slits in the score and slipped my ribbon through it. The booklet doesn't try to stay open but I felt this was a way to keep it closed even better. Plus it just finishes off the project even more.
This is just one of the five done. I will post a picture when I get the other 4 done as I will be using the other pieces of Urban Garden design paper for them. Have I mentioned love that paper?
Now I have to get busy making cupcakes for my son's Harvest party at school tomorrow. Pictures of the cupcake cake will be coming soon!!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is BRILLIANT! I LOVE IT:)

The paper you chose is my favorite. I love the little accents you have carefully placed on the organizer.

You did a very nice job!

The Mama Monkey said...

Wow! What a cool gift!

Aubrie said...

OH MY GOSH!! This is just adorable! What a great idea! I hope you don't mind if I CASE it.

Rachel Brumley said...

What a nice thoughtful gift! That's what I call customer service!

Anonymous said...

Wow! What a great gift! I should have ordered from you instead of myself, lol.

Heather

Naomi said...

Oh my goodness! This is amazing! My customers deserve something like this, too. Maybe for Christmas? Thanks for sharing!

CathyRose said...

This is just gorgeous! I definity want to make these too. Thanks for sharing the directions!

gale said...

Wow that is so neat! I need to make something like that for gifts.

thescrapmaster said...

That is such a beautiful set!!!!! Anyone would be so happy to get that as a gift, I love the colors you chose. Amazing job.

~Samantha

Janine T said...

Very pretty! I expect mine at the next meeting. Bella paper for me please!

Ashley Newell said...

This is GORGEOUS!

Marie said...

Amber, thank you for the directions and photo of this. It's gorgeous and I hope to try it out on the weekend.