Saturday, December 6, 2008

Old Olive snowflakes?

The Limited Supply was a LIMITED SUPPLY challenge this week. Here was the list we were given:

1. The only image stamps/embossing you may use are snowflakes. Yup! Only snowflakes (or something that looks like falling snow). No snowmen, snowwomen or anything, just snowflakes! The same goes for patterned paper . . . it must be snowflakes!! (Get the idea?)
2. Your creation must be monochromatic.
3. You need to add some sort of “bling” or sparkle to your card. Stickles, rhinestones, shimmery paper or ribbon . . . make it sparkly!!
4. Last, but certainly not least . . . sentiments may be ONE WORD only!


I pulled out Rubbernecker Snowflakes and JustRite Harmony Classic Oval stamper. I wanted a different color for my card so I went with Kiwi Kiss! I embossed the snowflakes with Iredsecent Ice after stamping them in Olive Craft Ink. I sponged on Old Olive on all the vanilla pieces. I wanted the flowers on the JustRite stamp to be more like snowflakes so I filled them in with a glitter gel pen. Added bling in the corners by Mark Richards.

I used Sketch 205 for my layout.

stamp: Rubbernecker snowflakes, JustRite Harmony Classic Oval stamper; paper: kiwi kiss, vanilla; ink: craft old olive, classic old olive; accs: mark richard's cyrstal stickers, kiwi kiss ribbon, coluzzle, glitter gel pen, iredescent ice embossing powder

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Very pretty!!!!! Great job with the challenge!!!!

Anonymous said...

A gorgeous card Amber and your bow is so perfectly tied!

fishlips said...

This is just beautiful Lisa, wow looks like you mastered this challenge to perfection... Your card is just stunning in every-way!!!!

The Mama Monkey said...

Really cute and I love the unique color of it!

What a fun challenge!

gale said...

beautiful card!!

Tlbran said...

Great job with the challenge. Your card is cute and it looks so fun and wintery

Naomi said...

OMG. I never could have pulled off this challenge, I don't even think I would have been brave enough to try! You, however, are in a totally different class than me! This is astonishing. Your ribbon is tied perfectly, and you did an amazing job shading with the green. The one word DREAM looks really great. I could go on, but enough for now. This is just wonderful.

Anonymous said...

Love the bow! I think that you need a tutorial on tie-ing bows like that! Love the card, too:)