Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Kindess Chiocolate Kisses

Today's sketch 197 had me stumped for a bit until I remembered I had this set: "Heard from the Heart", of course I only had one sentiment mounted and the one I wanted to use was not it! Thank goodness for SU starting to go die cut, saved on mounting time!

I also combined the sketch with the color challenge 187 which was Chocolate Chip, Kiwi Kiss (Old Olive),Tangerine Tango(Pumpkin Pie). (Hence the title Chocolate Kisses) I used the Kiwi Kiss side of Urban Garden as my background and built around it and the sentiment that was stamped in Chocolate Chip. I sponged on Old Olive around the sentiment as I don't have Kiwi Kiss ink. I stamped Sanded in Chocolate Chip on the Chocolate Chip. Used the notched punch and silver brads for the corners. Canvas is stamped on the Pumpkin Pie as I don't have Tangerine Tango. Used the striped Kiwi Kiss ribbon and tied Chocolate Chip ribbon on to it in two spots.

stamp: Heard from the Heart, Canvas, Sanded; paper: Urban Garden dp, chocolate chip, pumpkin pie, vanilla; ink: chocolate chip, old olive; accs: brads, kiwi kiss ribbon, chocolate chip ribbon, sponge

I have to say you guys are cracking me up with your comments on my "Most Dangerous Choclate Cake EVER!" BUT I have to ask.. How many of you have actually made it though?!! :) If you haven't... go make it! You haven't lived until you do. *snicker*

7 comments:

Connie M. said...

So pretty, Amber! Love the ribbon treatment!!

Liz Goldhawk said...

great job with the sketch! I love this colour combination too!

The Mama Monkey said...

This is beautiful! It combines 2 of my favorite things: ribbon and chocolate chip!

Jennifer Schmidt said...

I LOVE the combination of green and brown here, what a beautiful card!
And, I haven't actually tried the cake yet, so thanks for the reminder...that is not something that I want to pass up! I'll try after my next trip to the grocery store and let you know!

Anonymous said...

Amber, this is very pretty! I love what you did with the ribbon...and the colors are to die for!

Beautiful!

gale said...

Beautiful. I just love that color combo!!

Melzie said...

Great card!! I'm home with a sick kid, so I'm gonna stalk some challenges myself today!