Saturday, October 4, 2008

Workshop cards

After searching through SCS and blogs, I came up with the ideas that i would use for my workshop. Yes, I case cards for my workshops sometimes, that's what SCS and blogs are for. I do change the images or colors or add a little extra myself.

Friend to Friend

When looking through the Pocket Silhouettes gallery, I came across this card that I just loved. Problem, I didn't have the Bella Rose design paper nor the Kiwi Kiss ink! Well not a problem really as I just change colors. (But I do like that Bella Rose!) So I went with one of my favorite color combos Brocade Blue and Chocolate Chip. I stamped Canvas on the Brocade Blue, stamped the flowers in chocolate chip off first before stamping as I didn't want them so strong. Added one of the sayings from the set at the bottom and added dots in the scallops. Hard to tell but there is a second scallop under the white scallop edge.

stamp: pocket silhouttes, canvas; ink: brocade blue, chocolate chip; paper: white, chocolate chip, brocade blue; accs: scallop edge punch, brocade blue marker

You're on my mind

I used this card for my inspriation. I liked the clean, crisp look of it but wanted more 'white' on my card. So I did the faux embossing with the stamp. Picked a white card base with Urban Garden paper that had lots of white in it.

stamp: Upsy Daisy; paper: basic gray, white, kiwi kiss, Urban Garden design paper; ink: basic gray, craft white; accs: kiwi kiss ribbon

Happines Today and Always

When I was blog hopping, I came across some cards on Joanne's blog that I just loved. Of course I didn't have the stamps, cardstock that she had used so I designed the card around what i did have but kept her layout.

I used Heard from the Heart, Urban Garden design paper, Kiwi Kiss ribbon, basic gray cardstock and kiwi kiss cardstock. I sponge Baja Breeze onto the vanilla, layered it onto basic gray and kiwi kiss (I think I need to buy some Baja Breeze cardstock!). The kiwi kiss was scalloped with the scallop edge punch and the white gel pen was used for dots. It's a little hard to tell but the base of the card is kiwi kiss. Basic Gray is layered under Urban Garden.

stamp: heard from the heart; ink: black, baja breeze; paper: urban garden design paper, basic gray, kiwi kiss, white; accs: kiwi kiss ribbon, sponge

So which card is your favorite? I think "Happiness today & always" is mine.

13 comments:

Karan said...

Great workshop cards Amber. I seriously considered getting these sets, but decided to save $ for the big shot. Now I am rethinking .... I absolutely love your Upsy Daisy card! Happy World Card Making day.

Jennifer Schmidt said...

Well, I love all of these cards but the 'Wishing You Happiness Today & Always" is my favorite. I do love most anything Basic Grey and I really like the colors used in this!

Anonymous said...

You have been a busy girl! I would love to make these cards:)

My MIL has family in St. Paris...Cliff & Joyce Baughman. Mom and Dad (Fred's parents) gew up in DeGraff. There are still many Baughmans in the DeGraff area; Cliff and Joyce are the only family in St. Paris. When we get together, we tend to go to DeGraff where Grandma lives.

Your cards are amazing:)

The Mama Monkey said...

Oh wow...I love them all! To pick a favorite?? Well, I think You're on My Mind is my favorite, but not by much!

Wish I could attend your class!

gale said...

Beautiful cards! I especially love the faux dry embossing. What a cool look.

Louise F NZ said...

Gorgeous cards, I love the "your'e on my mind" card, but they are all lovely.

CathyRose said...

I like them all! They all would make great workshop projects. I am a brand new demo and I am still deciding what to do for my workshops this month. I think it is great we can all share designs!

Janine T said...

I like them alll!!!!! They are so simple and elegant.

Janine

Tlbran said...

pretty cards. If I had to chose I would chose the "Happiness today and always" I like the colors and it looks like such a fun card.

Naomi said...

My favorite is You're On My Mind. I LOVE what you did with the shadowing on that card. I must say for the record, though, that I love all 3!!! Beautiful work on these.

thescrapmaster said...

Great cards! I love the way you did the Upsy Daisy stamping. I have those sets, but have yet to really use them. You are inspiring me to get them out :)

~Samantha

Lin said...

Great Cards!! Love the colors

Unknown said...

Great cards Amber! You're going to enable another paper purchase from me I think. ;-)