Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Most Dangerous Chocolate Cake EVER!

My uncle loves to send me recipes that he finds on the internet. Just the other day he sent me "The Most Dangerous Cake" recipe. Interesting! So interesting that I just had to try it out to see if was for real. Here you go. Don't say I didn't warn you!!


5 Minute Chocolate Mug Cake


4 T flour
4T sugar
2T cocoa
1 egg
3T milk
3 T oil
3 T chocolate chips (optional)
a small splash of vanilla extract
1 large coffee mug

Spray your mug with PAM. (I forgot to do this and I had a few chips stick to the bottom of my mug.)

Add dry ingredients to mug and mix well. My mug is 4 1/2 inches tall.

Beat egg and milk in a seperate dish. Add oil.

Add liquids to the dry ingredients and mix. Add vanilla and chocolate chips, mix again.

Put your mug in the microwave and cook for 2 1/2 to 3 minutes at 1000 watts. (my microwave is 11oo watts so I cooked it for 2 1/2 minutes.) The cake will rise over the top of the mug, don't be alarmed! (This is tooo cool. My cake went at least 3 inches higher than my rim.) (this is right after i took the picture above, the cake goes back down into the cup right away.)





Allow to cool a little and tip out onto a plate if desired. (this can serve 2 if you feel like sharing or in my case, 3 little kids)

So why is this the most dangerous cake recipe you ask?? Because now you are only 5 minutes away from a chocolate cake ANY TIME!!




Remember, I am not to blame for any weight gain, acne, chocolate cravings etc. What you do with this recipe is your own fault! :) For those out of country, T = Tablespoon.

This recipe and varitations are floating all over the internet so I have no clue who is the orgianl owner of this recipe.

25 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness, if you weren't the sweetest thing ever I'd hate you for introducing me to this!

Anonymous said...

BRILLIANT!

Carolyn King said...

totally awesome Amber.....I will set you my Weight Watchers bill! lol.!

Anonymous said...

Your hit count is about to go up. I'm sharing this with everyone! You are a baking goddess!

Isaac'swife said...

I just got that recipe last week, Nathan has wanted me to make it but I haven't since I was out of milk. I will have to try it now!

Karan said...

Fortunately I checked the Weight Watchers points for this .... 23 points! Yikes, that's an entire day for me! No wonder you posted a disclaimer with it :-). I'll hold out until I can split it with a few people. It sounds yummy!

gale said...

Oh my gosh 23 points!! I think I will try this using applesauce instead of oil.

Louise F NZ said...

Absolutely, utterly FABULOUS!!!!!

Anonymous said...

This is NOT good - I'm going to have to make this in a Diabetic version...UGH!!!
Thanks :)

Vicky Gould said...

All I can say is - thanks a lot, Amber! Just thanks a lot!

Anonymous said...

Ohhhhhh Yummmmmmyyyy! I gotta make some. It looks deadly! I have to send it to my daughter in college. She'll just love it! See you at the next meeting.

Janine

Anonymous said...

Yummy! I have a similar recipe for baking a cake in a jar but this is better because it is hot cake. Wahhh...I'm not sure I need to know how to have a fresh baked cake that fast! haha Thanks for sharing.

Karen said...

Okay, you can say you aren't responsible, but I still hold you totally responsible for every pound I gain due to this recipe. This looks like a good one to have on hand when those nasty old chocolate cravings pop up! lol Thanks Amber.

thescrapmaster said...

That is one of the coolest things I have ever seen!!!!!

Tlbran said...

Looks so yummy! My DH doesn't care for cake so I hate to make one since it goes to waste. No more...I can make my own personal cake LOL. Thanks

Tegan said...

awwww yum yum yum!

Thanks for leaving a comment over at my blog :) You have to catch the Mummy some time-it's fab!

The Mama Monkey said...

Horrible, absolutely horrible...excuse me while I wipe these chocolate crumbs off my keyboard... :)

Betty said...

Oh! My grandkids will think I am just the "coolest" when they make this at their next visit! Thanks..

Anonymous said...

lol! Oh with two small boys in the house I will have to try this!! Just found your blog through SCS. TFS!
smiles,Deena

Lin said...

OMG!! I had heard about these but I didn't believe it!! I can't wait to race home and try it!!

Anonymous said...

o my goodness what a fab recipe, can't wait to try it but what does the T stand for (i'm in UK) i am assuming it's your US measure.
Thanx Mo
www.justmakinacard.blogspot.com
just makin a card scs.

Anonymous said...

Too cool! I will have to try this this weekend!

Where in Ohio are you located? I am in Hilliard (Columbus).

Anonymous said...

humph......this is NOT going to help me lose weight!!

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah, I am making this with each of the grandkids as they come over alone. My DH might eat one piece of cake so I just don't make them often anymore. Now I can have a piece of warm cake whenever I want. Thanks for this recipe. Kheila

Pamela Levingston said...

Amber Amber bad Amber!