Friday, January 11, 2008

All in the Rich Regal Family

I really enjoyed today's Limited Challenge, All in the Family. We had to use only one family color for the card. That included paper, ink, ribbon, brads, etc. And then to limit ourselves even further, we could try to do the challenge with only 2 colors, 2 embellishments and limited tools!

I picked my ribbon first and matched around it. I went with a simple layout. (for some reason i had a limit of 2 layers in my head!!) Did faux embossing: Punched So saffron cardstock with 1/2 inch circle punch, layered twice on to So Saffron cardstock to make dots. Stamped the flower on watercolor paper and then used markers and aquapainter to blend and highlight the flower. Leaves are done the same way and are on dimensions as is the flower.

I wanted the lower section to look like i had used a wheel but Time Well Spent is a hostess set and doesn't come with a matching wheel! So I took the butterfly and 2 flowers stamped them in ballet blue and made my own "wheel" look.

stamp set: Time Well Spent; paper: So Saffron, watercolor; inks: Ballet Blue, black stazon; Accs: markers, ribbon, 1/2 inch circle punch, dimensions

Now the hard part... I have demo camp the end of the month. We do a 16 cardfront swap. I was going to do this card but now I like what I did today and am thinking of doing it instead. Which one would you want to receive?


2 comments:

Jen said...

Well I like them both ;) You did a great job showing how diverse this set can be!!

Kittie said...

I like them both but this is my favorite. You really accomplished your goal of creating a perfect flow ofimages on the bottom section of your card.