Friday, January 4, 2008

It's only paper!

Someone once said "Cardstock is only paper". Meaning if you make an oops, so what, throw it away and start over. Well for me that is hard as I try to use ever inch of cardstock and not waste any. EXCEPT for today!!



Today's challenge for the Limited Supply was to make a card using NO white or vanilla shades of cardstock!! Okay, deep breaths here.. I can do this, I know I can.



Since I am a Stampin' UP! demo, I need to start working on ideas for future workshops so I grabbed my only new new set from the '08 Spring/Summer catalog. (which did you notice my neat little blog banner to the side that will take you to the catalog?? or it should, I haven't tried it out actually!!)


Time Well Spent! I think this set is starting to grow on me. I think, I said. I was also looking at blogs last night and noticed Kurtis (if you've never been to his site, you have to check him out. Very talented young man!) had a sketch up. So there was my layout. Now to figure out my colors. Well I knew I wanted River Rock but what other colors? Instead of frying my brain, I went to Scraptitude's SU Color Combo site and got a combonation I liked. Ruby Red and Wild Wasabi!


Now the fun part! I started out with the big flower from the set but after stamping it twice and coloring it with water color crayons and with markers... I didn't like the look. But hey, it's only paper, right? So I cut another piece and went with a smaller flower... much better!

Added some faux stitching with a black artist pen. Then came the card front. The stars must not be in alignment for I stamped one side but my wording was to light! Did you know we have magic paper? Yup, just flip it over and start again on the other side. But then my wording was too dark! grrrrrrrrrrrrr So I cut another piece and by the time I used that magic paper, I had it perfect!! lol (Wanna know my little secret? I only do cardfronts and then mount them onto White Georgia Pacific cardstock that i get from Walmart. Saves on colored cardstock!) Stamp Set: Time Well Spent; Ink: Black Stazon, River Rock; Paper: River Rock, Wild Wasabi, Ruby Red; Accs: Retired vintage brads, stitched grosgrain, artist pen, markers: so saffron, ruby


And incase you are wonder... I am back to cleaning my area today. I swear that cardstock breeds like rabbits. Just when I think I have it all put away, I find another stack of cardstock!! Anyone have any good suggestions on how to store it so it will stop breeding??


I also have a pile of stamps I will be putting up for sale after the weekend so don't forget to check back!


Have a great stamping day!

0 comments: