Sunday, January 17, 2010

XO I love you SMC challenge

closeupHLK

I’m a little behind in posting for Sew Many Card’s Friday Freebie as I became sick for a few days. I’m still not 100% but still wanted to get a card made and posted.  I stayed with SMC’s challenge of Anything Goes. (all details can be found at SMC’s challenge blog, don’t forget to become a follower of their blog… never know when they’ll offer extra goodies!)

Not only does my card fit for SMC’s challenge but also for SCS’s Try New Technique255 Scratch ‘N Sniff, Inspiration215 (inspiration piece I went with), Featured Stamper154 (jdmommy, cased this card of her’s. changed colors and made my square layer go on the outside of the strip instead of under and stuck my image completely on the square). 

SMC’s Friday Freebie was a heart lock with key. I decided to color it red (in honor of jdmommy) and then emboss. I mixed Strawberry Starfruit Kool-Aid with clear embossing powder for the heart. Whoever receives this card just has to scratch the heart to release the smell! I cutout the key hole, the key and the patch. Colored the patch and the key and then popped them up using Helmar  BLACK ZapDots. The handle of the lock is also on ZapDots. I threaded a ribbon through the lock and secured it with a heart brad. Cuttlebugg’d the black with the heart folder.

closeupHLK

I decided to play around with the digital image to make background paper too! I made the image smaller and placed it in different positions in Adobe Illustrator before printing it out. I printed it out onto cardstock and colored them with prismacolor pencils and odorless mineral spirits. Used black sparkly gel pen on the patches and clear sparkly gel pen on the key.  Used scallop punch border on the red and used clear sparkly gel pen to add dots to the scallops. The XO is a Design Adhesive from Clearsnap. All I did was stick it on to the red and sprinkled red glitter from Stampendous onto it.

FSHeartLockKeyajhcopy

Don’t forget to check out Sew Many Cards challenge blog next Friday to see what the challenge is and to get your Friday Freebie. I know you’ll love it.

Also check out Helmar’s blog for a give away on the very ZapDots I used above!

Supplies used: Sew Many Cards digital image, copics, prismacolor pencils, odorless mineral spirits, red/white/black cardstock, kool-aid, clear embossing powder, versamark, ribbon, brad, Helmar Zapdots, cuttlebug folder, scallop border punch, clearsnap design adhesives, stampendous glitter

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Absolutely gorgeous Amber