Friday, March 20, 2009

I cased myself and Blog Candy link

The 20th of every month is a challenge for the Dirty Dozen Alumni. Today, Holly was our 'hostess' and challenged us to case ourselves. The only catch was that we had to case one of our oldest uploads to SCS or one from the very first page. I went with this card. (please excuse the lack there of... it was in my early stages of stamping and I have grown so much since then ;) )

I flipped the card to fit the image I was using. Changed colors, stamp, changed one layer to the top note and add bling and ribbon.

The MFT WUW challenge this week was to try your hand at masking. I love to mask and went to town on MFT Presents Sara Williams Funky Flowers set. The flowers were colored with prismacolor pencils that were close to the Color Challenge 210 of Summer Sun, Real Red, Kraft and Black, and blended with odorless mineral spirits. I attached them to the Kraft cardstock with Helmar Liquid Scrap Dots.

stamp: Funky Flowers - MFT Presents; paper: real red, summer sun, kraft, black, white; ink: black, summer sun, real red; accs: rhinestones, ribbon, ticket punch, top note, helmar crackle medium, helmar liqud scrap dots, helmar quick runner adhesive, cuttlebug

For the vase, I used Helmar Crackle Medium that is shown below in the picture. When it was dry, I rubbed Real Red into the cracks.

I am so loving this crackle. So fast, so easy and such a strong crackle. Do you like this look? Would you like to try your hand at the crackle? Then head over to the Helmar USA Design Team blog as our fearless leader, Tracy, is giving away some crackle as blog candy!

Not only is this for the DD/DDA challenge but the 20th is Celebrate MFT day. See this thread on SCS if you would like to see how you can Celebrate MFT. And one more challenge.. this also qualifies for Sharon's blog challenge of using ribbon tabs!

To see what the other Dirty Dozen girls and Dirty Dozen Alumni girls did, check out this gallery. (this gallery is open to the public)

1 comments:

Michele Kovack said...

What a fantastic card! Love how the crackle medium looks!!!