Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Snowmen, Cookies n Coffee

CookiesandCoffeandsnowmencopy

So today is Day 2 of sneaks from Paper and Such. And let me tell you, I LOVE the set we are sneaking today, Snow Folks

I found a fun idea over at A Southern Fairytale that I knew would be perfect for Snow Folks. Only draw back… I had to make my famous Dipped Gingersnaps (you can find the recipe here) that I don’t start making till AFTER Thanksgiving! So I set out and made 8 dozen cookies just so I could use one little one on my project! (of course you don’t hear the family complaining). 

This project is perfect for teachers, friends, librarians or even the mailman and doesn’t have to be just at Christmas time either!

I stamped the snowflakes in silver metallic. Colored the snowman with copics and cut him out completely, attached him using only zapdots. Also used the bow easy for my bow.  Assemble the entire thing and you have a cookie hanger for your  bottle of Frappuccino (mint mocha limited edition).

CookiesandCoffeandsnowmencopy
Measurements are as follows: hanging piece cut 8.5 x 4 cardstock/design paper, score at 4 inches and 8 inches, cut circle on the side that is just 4 inches. Make circle big enough for what ever bottle you are using. (I used a coluzzle to cut mine.)  Front piece cut 5.5 x 4 cardstock/design paper, score at 1/2 inch, 4 1/2 in & 5 inches. Cut half circle or shape in front. Decorate to your liking. Attach to hanging piece. Don’t forget to add your goody inside it. I stapled the bag to the hanger then finished taping on the front. For pictures and steps, please see A Southern Fairytale.

Don’t forget the top of your lid too! Used a circle spellbinder to cut my paper.

cookiesandcoffeetopcopy

Want to give it to a non-drinking coffee friend? What about a bottle of milk? (okay, so this would look better on a smaller bottle but this is the only size of milk I had.)

milkncokies


Or what about putting it on a bottle flavored creamer to be used with coffee or hot chocolate? (if you don’t know what they drink)

cookiesandcreamer

I’m sure the list could go on and on that this cute little cookie holder could go on but I’ll stop for now. Besides, the other 7.98 dz cookies are calling me!


       Thanks for stopping by!


                     Amber

7 comments:

nwilliams6 said...

What great ideas! I need to make some of these. Love your snowman!!!

The Other Patti Sue said...

Just darling Amber!

inkstazonme said...

So cute! Can't wait to see the whole set!

Peggie said...

Very cute idea! Love snowmen and they quite take over the house at Christmas. Peggie

Sue D said...

Great gift idea!

sammi said...

Ohhh Amber, I love this! What a cute idea!

Indy's Designs said...

Love it! Snowmen are the best!