Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Smile!

smileajhcopy

Smile! It’s release day at Paper Pretties! Which means it’s a blog hop and a challenge all rolled into one.   So hopefully you just came from the Paper Pretties blog as I’m the first stop on the hop. The challenge this week over at Paper Pretties is EARTH TONE colors.

Yes, I wrote that in caps cause I’m yelling at myself! I knew what the challenge was.. I even have it written down in my notebook that I keep for all my work…but I wanted my hippo to be blue so  I colored it blue and went on breaking the “rules” for the challenge as I went PASTEL instead!! ugh!!  So not to break the blog hop, here is my “earth tone” color card (Hey! it has brown and green on it!! lol)

smileajhcopy

I know what you are thinking.. “why didn’t you just make another card that actually fit the challenge?” Well I’ve been battling a sinus headache for the past few days and when I do feel well enough to do anything, I’m running around like crazy trying to get house cleaned and cards are the last things to get made. So yes, I just made this before the hop went live so really I didn’t have time to even redirect my poor sick brain and I was almost done with my card when I realized it!  That’s my story and I’m sticking to it!

Your next stop is Dawn Knight  on this blog hop. Enjoy!

Ps. Quick shout out to Little Red Wagon Challenge blog as I was featured there with my You’re Fintastic card! What an honor. Thank you!

           Thanks for stopping by!


                Amber

4 comments:

StampOwl said...

fun card Amber even in pastel LOL!

Lisa Lynn said...

Your hippo is adorable even though she is blue.

Delia said...

Adorable card!!

Jennifer Moore said...

I think a blue hippo is perfect. Great use of the SCS sketch.