Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Quack, Quack…

QuackQuackajhcopy

I have some exciting news! I won Challenge No. 3 over at Amber’s Crafts and Stuff for my You are Tea-rriffic card! I never win so I’m honored that Amber and Natasha both picked my card. Thank you, guys!

~~~~~~~~

I just loved the SC327 that Rox gave us this week. I pulled out The Pond by Our Craft Lounge to use for it.

Masked the little duck to place the cat tails behind her. Colored it all with copics and tried my hand at shading behind the image all because I like the way Korin does hers. I still need to perfect it as it doesn’t seem to be as good as hers. Could be cause I don’t have the same colors she used but I like the look.

I then colored the cat tails, added brown sugar sparkly fluff to them and attached them with Glue Dots. Sentiment was cut out with Spellbinder Oval and given a faux black layer with the black copic marker. Colored white brads with Y18.

QuackQuackajhcopy

Isn’t this too cute??!! I really love how it all came together as I wasn’t too sure when I pulled out the polka dot My Mind’s Eye paper but I’m trying to branch out on mix ‘n matching different designs.

This is also for the following challenges:

Creative Stamp Friends - Swirls
Whoopsi Daisy - Springtime
Creative Card Crew - April Showers (water)
Tuesday Throwdown - Spring


            Thanks for stopping by!


                       Amber

7 comments:

Jen said...

Well done on your win, the card was great.
well deserved.
jenjoy x

Kristine said...

awww, this card is "just DUCKY!" heehee (my g-ma used to say that all the time) ... CONGRATS on your win!!

Thanks too for joining La-La land Crafts Fan Page today!! Good Luck on the Copic draw!! =)

AShu93 said...

Congrats on winning. That card was perfect for the challenge.

I really like the cute saying on today's card. The polka dot paper looks great with it & I love the sparkly cattails.

Nina said...

Wooaaw, this card is amazing!! Love how you have coloured the motiv and the text is super!!

Thank you for joining Creative Stamp Friends this time :)
Nina.

Audrey Ernst (hippieaud) said...

Aww, such a cute duck and your work on this card is wonderful! Thanks so much for playing at WHOOPSI DAISY this week! Where in OH are you? I am in Dayton:)

paper fun said...

I love your little duck. The cat tails are awesome.

Thanks for joining us at Creative Card Crew.

Mari

Anonymous said...

This is a lovely card. Thank you for taking part at Creative Card Crew this week