Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Paper Pretties – Paper Piercing

AmbersPiercingajhcopy

Time for another Paper Pretties challenge. This week it is Paper Piercing. Not to be confused with paper piecing which is what I thought I read the first time I was given the challenge. lol

So when I started my card.. I still thought it was paper piecing so I paper pieced Scout Cooper’s (by Paper Pretties) entire outfit. Used copics to color his outfit first before cutting it out and piecing it back on. I kept the colors true in using blue/gold. I made the neck tie orange and blue instead of yellow/blue just to throw in a little different color.  I stamped the sentiment in versamark and then in night of navy so that I could emboss it in clear embossing powder.

But the challenge is paper piercing so I pierced around the oval and the corners of the card. Colored pearls blue to match. Did a square knot in the twine which is a knot the Boy Scouts learn and used the Fleur De Lis Borderabilities from Spellbinders as that is also the Boy Scout symbol.

AmbersPiercingajhcopy


I’m sure you’ll be seeing a lot of Scout Cooper as my son is a Scout and hubby is one of the Scout leaders, hence the reason I had to get Scout Cooper! That being said, I made the card as a thank you card as the Scout Troop took a field trip to a college radio station. Here are a few of them checking out the station: (my son is the one turned around in full uniform)

radiostation trip

The card is also for the following challenges:

Phindy's Place - Paper Piecing
Shelly's Images - Show us what you got
Delicious Doodles - Anything Goes
Creative Friday - Open Theme
Make It Monday - Anything Goes
Meljen's Designs - Masculine
Stamp-n-Doodle – Masculine


          Thanks for stopping by!


                       Amber

9 comments:

Unknown said...

What a great card, thankyou for joining in our challenge at Stamp'n'Doodle

Kate xxx
Stamp'n'Doodle DT

Heather said...

Love your Scout Cooper. The coloring is perfect! Wonderful card!

Dorcas said...

Well Amber, your paper piecing came in handy for our challenge, didn't it? lol Great job! Thanks so much for playing with us this week at Phindy’s PLace!
Hugs,
Dorcas
Ps) If you haven’t already done so, you ought to check out my “no strings attached” blog candy going on til May 13th. You can find it in my sidebar. Hope to see you around!

Shirley-Anne said...

Hello Amber .Terrific boys card so bright and colourful .Wonderful paper piecing . Thanks for sharing and linking to Make it Monday .

Mary J said...

Great card, Amber! Lovin' those colours! Thx for sharing with us at Make It Monday, it was lovely to see you!

Mary J xxx

Teri said...

Super creation hun!
Thanks for playing at the Delicious Doodles Challenge this week, good luck with the draw!
Hugs,
Teri x

Delia said...

gorgeous card, love the scout and the punch which has the scout insigna. TFS

Ann English said...

How very cute! I love this and his cap-just darling!

Thank you for joining us this week for the Phindy's Place challenge!

Barbara said...

That´s a nice boy-card.
Thanks for joining us at creative friday.
Hugs Babsi