Sunday, April 24, 2011

Cake & a Birthday Blog Hop

hootcloseupcopy

First let me say Happy Easter to everyone! Before we get to the Birthday Blog Hop, I thought we all needed some cake. I mean what is a birthday without cake, right? So for your viewing pleasure:

A 12 Layer cake! (made for Easter) This is what it looked like before I iced it.12layer

Close up of the filling dripping down just because:
12layercloseup

And then the finished product, A  5 1/4 inches tall 12 layer cake iced with Extra Special Chocolate Buttercream!

12layercake

Okay, after you have wiped the slobber off your keyboards and screen, we can start the Birthday Blog hop!

We have not one but two Paper Pretties girls celebrating birthdays today!! Let’s hear a big “HAPPY BIRTHDAY” to Dominique Hornberger & Cindy Haffner!  As is Paper Pretties custom.. we are having a Birthday Blog Hop for them. Hopefully you just came from Alaine Medio. If not, head back to the Paper Pretties Blog to see the beginning.

I used Give a Hoot by Paper Pretties for my card. Colored the owls with copics, stamped their heads two extra times so that I could layer them using Helmar Liquid Scrap Dots.

hootcloseupcopy

hoot2copy

Since the set is acrylic, I was able to cut the wording apart so I could stamp it how I wanted it on the circle. Added some bling and a bow using the bow easy.

Hootajhcopy


Now hop on over to Chris Veneruso.

This card is also for the following challenges:

Sugar Creek Hollow – Sensational Circles (sketch)
Amber's Crafts and Stuff - Ribbon n Bows
Aud Sentiments - anything Goes
Gem of a challenge - Swirls and Pearls
Cupcake Craft - Lots of Layers
The Crazy Challenge - Friendship
Whoopsi Daisy - free and easy


        Thanks for stopping by!

                      Amber

17 comments:

Liza said...

Gorgeous work, I love all the layers. Thanks for joining us at CCC.

Liza x

Nancy said...

Oh my goodness...I wouldn't even know where to start with that cake! Truly scrumptious!! Your card is a hoot, literally! Love it! Thanks for joining us this week at Sugar Creek Hollow!

Dragonlady said...

Hi Amber

Wow what a fantastic cake, Happy Easter to you. Gorgeous card, love the layered owls.

Hugs Ali x

Dragonlady said...

Whoops forgot to say, thanks for playing in the Aud Sentiments birthday blog hop and good luck with the DT call.

Hugs Ali x

WeirdCat said...

Great card, love the owls, thank you for joining us at The Crazy Challenge this week
Ruth x

Audrey said...

What a beautiful project. Thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments and celebrating our 1st Birthday with us.

Kristine Reynolds said...

The layer cake is wonderful and the layered card is fabulous!

Joan V said...

Okay, the cake made me hungry. Love the card. How cute. I haven't thought about cutting my words apart. Thanks for sharing.

coldwaters2 said...

Oh Amber this is fabulous what a wonderful design, colours and image I love it thank you for joining us at Aud sentiments
Hugs
Lorraine x

Heide said...

YUMMY! I want a slice of that cake.
WOW!

Okay, on to you adroable card. THe owls are super cute. Thanks fro joining us at SCH.
Hugs, Heide

Natasha said...

Yummy!! Cute card too! Thanks for playing along at Amber's Crafts and Stuff.

Natasha

Linda Wescott said...

Fabulous card, love the layers, and all the bling. Thanks for joining us at Amber's Crafts and Stuff's Ribbons & Bows challenge this week, hope you see you back again. Hugs lin

The Crazy Crafting Lady said...

Awesome CAKE!

I love how you popped the faces off the owls.

Thank you for joining the Ribbons & Bows Challenge at Amber's Crafts and Stuff.

~*~Amber~*~
www.amberscraftsandstuff.com

deesdesigns said...

I hope you saved me a piece of cake - it looks delicious. Your card is pretty spectacular also. Thank you for helping us celebrate our one year birthday at Aud Sentiments!

Chris said...

cake, I want cake, was there a card or something else that I was supposed to be looking at here?

Debbie Corbari said...

Adorable card and I think I just gained 10lbs virtually eating that cake! OMW! Looks DELISH!

Sharon Basel said...

This is perfect for the circles challenge at Sugar Creek Hollow and it's a wonderful card! I love those owls and the paper and colors you've chosen. Fabulous! Thanks for joining us this week at Sugar Creek Hollow!