Saturday, January 1, 2011

First card of 2011!

FirstCard11ajhcopy

Happy New Year! Hope you had a safe and enjoyable time ringing in the New Year. 

I finally finished my first card for 2011. Only took me all day as we had to do some running around today first when all I wanted to do was stay home and create! 

I decided to do the IC265 and used this product at Neest for my inspiration.  I used  Birds & Roses that was just released from Sweet ‘n Sassy today!  Stamped the image twice, colored with copics and then cut out the birds/roses and attached them with Helmar Liquid Scrap Dots to give it some dimension.

closeupafirstajhcopy

Cut entire image out and layered it onto a Spellbinders scallop circle cut from DCWV Amber Autumn design paper.  The sentiment is also in the set (along with 6 other sentiments!) and I stamped it onto vanilla cardstock and cut it out using Spellbinders scallop oval. Sponged the edge with bashful blue and took E37 copic along the edge to give it a small frame.   Added a brown ribbon and layered onto brown pattern paper for the background.

FirstCard11ajhcopy

Layout is from Unscripted Sketches #88 where you had to go back over their sketches and use one. I used sketch #3.  The top blue design paper is from DCWV Linen Closet and the bottom blue design paper is from DCWV Amber Autumn.


           Thanks for stopping by!

                      Amber

5 comments:

Monika/Buzsy said...

Gorgeous card Amber. Lovely coloring! :o)

StephC said...

Beautiful take on sketch #3. I love the image, and colors. So glad you joined US for this weeks challenge!

Unknown said...

beautiful card, love that image!

dstandard said...

What a beautiful card! Thanks for playing at Unscripted Sketches!

Becky Garrison said...

Such a lovely card! Thanks for joining us this week at Unscripted Sketches!