Thursday, December 16, 2010

Stocking stuffers and Teacher gift

snowmentreatscopy

Well it’s that time year again… Teacher gifts and stocking stuffers for the school!  My son is in 2nd grade and needed 24 stocking stuffers for his classmates. So I searched SCS for ideas and found one that somehow I had never seen before. Here is the link to her blog with directions on how she made hers.

Since I was making them for 2nd graders, I used construction paper. I didn’t have enough big bags so we used little bags. In doing so our snowman’s head was too big so I cut off the perforated strip around the top note so it looked a little better. Since our head is smaller, I stapled in the middle of the face and used the eyes to cover the staplers up. My son helped quite a bit with cutting out the eyes (spellbinder’s small circle), used Martha Stewart Snowflake punch and even applied stickles to the snowflakes.

snowmentreatscopy

And since big brother was making them, 4yr old Jorden also wanted to make them to give to the librarians since it was our last storytime for this year. I used regular cardstock with theirs and we used an assortment of Hershey kisses in their bags. (that was Jorden’s job to fill them)

snowmenlibraryajhcopy

For Benjamin’s teacher, I had to whip up one of my most requested gifts… a name frame. (this is one of the main reasons the teachers want my kids! lol)   His teacher has such a long name that I had to lay it out a little different than I usually do. But I really like how it turned out.

Phillambaumajhcopy

It also works for the WT301 – All that Glitters as the flowers have glitter on them. (I don’t know why the saying looks like it is bowing in the middle as it is flat against the backing.)


          Thanks for stopping by

                       and

             Merry Christmas!

                            Amber

1 comments:

Dawn said...

fabulous all the way around! I bet Ben's classmates loved those! and I know the librarians did!!

AWEsome name frame!!! whew! glad her name wasn't any longer!!