Sunday, December 12, 2010

Deck your cards ….

LovespongeBirdsajhcopy

with Sponging! Fala la la laaaaa   I am the guest hostess over at SCS for the Try New Technique 303 challenge. It was a surprise that sponging has never been visited (at least not that we could find) as a technique. I love to sponge so thought it would be the perfect technique to challenge everyone to do. It’s also something EVERYONE can do as you don’t need any special tools to do it.

I used For the Love of Birds by Our Craft Lounge. Stamping the heart a few times on the strip and coloring with copics. Sponged it with distress vintage photo ink and then just lightly with distress walnut stain ink.  I then stamped the image LOVE and masked it to fit the birds in the nest. After coloring it with copics, I cut it out with Nestabilities Label 8, leaving the nestabilities on the image, I sponged it with distress vintage photo ink, going around the edge very carefully with distress walnut stain ink before taking off the nestabilitie.

LovespongeBirdsajhcopy


This is also for the Featured Stamper201. I cased this card but changed colors and stamp set and left off the ribbon.


            Thanks for stopping by

                        and

                Happy Holidays!

                       
                               Amber

2 comments:

Tammylee said...

Cute card, and congrats on making the Paper Pretties DT!

Tammylee

Imke said...

Super cute card !! I love the sweet birdies and the sponging.

Congrats to your DT Position at Paper Pretties !! I may be a Guest Designer in July/August !!