Monday, August 16, 2010

Paper Cupcake Challenge – Flowers…

flowergirlcopy

But not just any flowers… they have to be hand made by you! Check out PCC blog for the rules and to submit your card and to see what you could win.

When I saw this image, Sunday Afternoon, and I fell in love with it. I wanted to go with soft tones so I used prismacolor pencils and odorless mineral spirits to blend. I used DCWV The Linen Closet matstack and river rock cardstock. Martha Stewart  border punch and added pearls. I made my flower using ribbon and added a shimmer brad to the middle of it. You can find the tutorial on how to make the flower here.

flowergirlcopy

I used last week’s Sketch Challenge 293 from SCS for my layout.

Try New Technique 286 – Anything but a bow or knot
Tuesday Taggers – Sunshine

            Thanks for stopping by!

                     Amber

10 comments:

Dru said...

Amber, your card is just beautiful - so soft and feminine, and I love your flower! Hugs, Dru

The Other Patti Sue said...

Wow Amber... this is precious! Love your flower!

Zoechaos said...

delightful card lovely gentle colours and charming image. Thank you for sharing with us at TT this week. xx Zoe

Unknown said...

This is fabulous! Thanks for joining us at TT this week x Janet

Nilla said...

Your flower is adorable! Love the whole card! Hugs Nilla

Patti P. said...

Amber, love the softness of this card and your flower is perfect with the papers and image. Beautiful job! Enjoyed your pics at the stamping show.

CraftinGranny said...

Beautiful card Amber! The flower is fantastic and I love the way you've added the pearls and ribbon.
"Hugs" Carol

Beate said...

Amber, your card is so soft and pretty! Beautiful!!!
Hugs and smiles

Nina said...

Amber this card is just beautiful, so soft and pretty and your flower is soft and pretty as well. Just over all lovely!

ktfabian2 said...

I love the football layouts. I have 2 boys who played and their photos are still in envelopes waiting for inspiration. I got it tonight! Thanks!!