Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Our Craft Lounge Sneak Peeks Day #1

GoForItajh copy

Welcome to day #1 of Our Craft Lounge sneak peeks.  So without further ado, here is the set I am sneaking to you today: Football All-Star.

I was so excited to see this set as my son is a huge football fan and is in his second year of playing Flag Football. I just know I will be getting tons of use out of this set.

I made a sample card for the Sketch Challenge 294 over at SCS using this set. I had to go with OHIO Buckeye colors of course! I didn’t have the right shade of red in cardstock so I distressed white cardstock with fired brick distress ink to make “red” cardstock.  Stamped the “word block” on the gray with fired brick distress ink multiple times to make my own background paper. Colored the football player with copics and stamped “Go*For*It” in fired brick distress ink. Stamped the football on shrinky dink paper and made my own charm attached to the ribbon with a wire and “brads” that I placed on the side.

GoForItajh copy 

I had to make a scrapbook page using pictures from his first year of Flag Football games. I used 5 images from the set for my page and SU alphabets for my title. Prismacolor pencils were used on the football player images and the little football at the top was attached with a glue dot. The sentiment “Touchdown” was also colored with a prismacolor pencil.

footballpageajh copy

OK - here's the details of the Sneak Peeks and Hop.
**Leave a comment each day on the peeks, August 18th & 19th and the hop on August 20th, 1 winner will be chosen from all 3 posts for a stamp set I'll be giving away.
**The winner will be chosen Sunday August 22nd.
**Leave your email address with your post so I can contact you.

You can find a list of retailers here that carry OCL products. And here is a list of the girls that are showing OCL sneaks today:

Amber Hillman – That’s ME!!
Beth Silaika
Bev Gerard
Broni Holcombe
Cambria Turnbow
Charmaine Ikach
Cindy Lawrence
Deb Felts
Debbie Corbari
Deborah Anton
Denise Marzec
Heather McNally
Holly McMillen
Jeanne Streiff
Joy Kennedy
Kendra Wietstock
Kisa Peters
Lori McAree
Michelle Fowler
Pam Hooten
Terri Thill


          Thanks for stopping by!

                    Amber

28 comments:

Broni said...

Love that card and the page is great, Amber!

Debbie Corbari said...

Very cool card and page Amber!

Dawn said...

love the card, perfect for Ben's career! lol
and the page is so cute!!

Heather McNally and Melissa MacDonald said...

VERY COOL!!! I love this set, too!

Pam said...

Oh cooool, love the grey and red in your card Amber and your sb page is perfect, love it!

Stephanie said...

love this...

Beverly S. said...

Love the sports theme set...great job using it. :)

Beth said...

Very cute card - love the page!!!

Memories of Time said...

AWESOME Amber! Love that card! Great way to use that stamp as a background. :)

Julie said...

My first visit to your blog. Very cute card, loved that you made your own patterned paper! I loved reading about your day at Stampaway! I was lucky enough to be there too, what an awesome show!

Deb said...

Great details on your card Amber! I love the little charm/brads and the background paper that you made! What a perfect set to use for scrapping his football pics!

Lori said...

Amber your card and page are awesome!!!

Christina said...

Great job, they look AWESOME Amber!!! I love the quote on the scrapbook page :)

slbt17 said...

I like it!
Sandra

Gale said...

Great stamp set for anyone with family or friends that love football! Loved the SBP.

Dori Shelton said...

What a cool card! With 2 boys that set would be great to have!

Karen said...

That is a great set for the sports enthusiasts. Nice job on your projects.

Celeste said...

Wow, I'm blown away by your set. I'll bet your son loves them.

lisa808 said...

This set is perfect for football fans--young & old!

AShu93 said...

Love your card! Go Bucks!

silvia said...

Cute card and LO!!!

Deborah Anton said...

Great card! Love your paper and embellishment...and that page is so cute!

carrie said...

Oh, this is a great stamp for all those masculine sports loving men in our lives. The men that are difficult to make the cards for.

carrie008@mac.com

Tracy said...

Love what you did with this set.

scrappintlc said...

Beautiful card, perfect for scrapbook pages too.

Lori said...

What great images for projects for boys!

Wendy (aka Roo) said...

You're card is AWESOME! My son plays & I would love to give him that. Terrifc work on both the card & layout!
wendy.roos2boys@gmail.com

Kathy H said...

COOL!
jellychick@yahoo.com