Monday, August 2, 2010

Paper Cupcake challenge – 3 or more dsp

Christmasajhcopy

If you are looking for my Blog Candy post, you can find it Here as it is still going on.

It’s Monday which means it is time for another Paper Cupcake challenge. This week was my week to create the challenge and I went with using 3 (or more) Design Papers in your card.

Saying that… I had the hardest time making my card! LOL  I decided to use Christmas Arrangement image from Paper Cupcakes and design papers Christmas Magic by nancie rowe-janitz (Christmas Carol, Bough of Holly & Yuletide Greetings)

I colored the image with prismacolor pencils and blended with odorless mineral spirits. I also colored the balls with yellow and “burgundy” Wet Looks Embossing Markers and embossed them in clear embossing powder.

DSCF9970

Cut image out and distressed the entire image with distress inks. I also added distress inks to the design papers and used a distressing tool on 2 of the design papers. With the striped design paper, I used a Martha Stewart border punch.  Added a Christmas sentiment with an actual stamp and added some green bling up on the side. In the corners I did a little piercing using a stencil from TheCraftersWorkshop.com. (might be hard to see in the picture)

Christmasajhcopy
All in all I really like how my card turned out after having a hard start! Come join us over at Paper Cupcake and make a card using 3 design papers or more… can’t wait to see your creations.

This is also in the following challenges:

Stamp Something – Christmas in July Somethings
365 Cards: Day 151 – Thursday Sketch
Little Red Wagon -  challenge #39 Christmas in July
PaperPlay Challenges – Anything Goes
Our Creative Corner – Christmas in July

Digi Image - Christmas Arrangement
Ink – distress inks
paper – 3 different kinds of Christmas Magic, brown, white
accs: green rhinestones, distressing tool, ms border punch, stencil from thecraftersworkshop.com


Don’t forget my blog candy going on!

    
          Thanks for stopping by!

                Amber

15 comments:

Patti P. said...

Amber, great challenge this week...love your card. I love the shabby chic look and you nailed it. Lovely job on your distressing.
Beautiful job on your coloring.

Gloria Westerman said...

Amber love your card.....great coloring too....great challenge for the week too......

The Other Patti Sue said...

This is gorgeous Amber! Love all the distressing! Perfection!

CraftinGranny said...

Beautiful card Amber! Fantastic LO and sketch for a super challenge this week. Your card is absolutely stunning.
"Hugs" Carol

Dru said...

Well, the end result certainly does not look like you had a hard time - I love the mix, the decorateive punch edging, the colors, the distressing - everything. Really pretty!! Hugs, Dru

Tammylee said...

Love your card and your distressing!

Rosanne said...

Pretty card! Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon.

Unknown said...

LOL when I read you were having trouble with the challenge...sounds like something I would do! Your card is very pretty and love the distressing and embossing!

Nilla said...

This is stunning, love how you colored the image and all the warm colors you used!! Hugs Nilla x

Jessie said...

I love the vintage/distressed look of this, awesome card!

Pat said...

Beautiful card Amber, love the distressed look, and the super image you chose to use.

Pat xx

freida said...

This is simply stunning! Sooo creative!

cardmaking bird said...

Great card, Amber. I love the vintage feel to it. Marie x

Nina said...

Amber, what a great challenge and too funny that you had a hard time getting started! :o) I love your card and to me has a real vintage feel to it with all the lovely distressing!! Truly just gorgeous!

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

This is lovely. Charming image and all the distressing makes it positively yummy! Great job on the Christmas card challenge. So happy you were able to have some fun with Our Creative Corner this week!