Wednesday, August 4, 2010

MyGrafico Challenge #60 – Vintage

closeupcopy
Welcome to another MyGrafico challenge. Today we were asked to make a vintage looking card using Wild Flowers by Mels Brushes.

I wanted my flower to be really 3-D so I printed the flower out 4 times and layered it using Helmar Liquid Scrap Dots. The top layer, I cut each petal apart to layer at different depths.

closeupcopy
I used copics and the feather method to color the each flower, added stickles to the middle of the flower, Even the leaves are 3-D, only printed them out 3 times, and also colored them with copics.

Added a rub-on to the panel and some faux stitching to the edge. Paper comes from DCWV The Once upon A Time mat stack.

Thinkingofyouajhcopy

Remember the food labels I showed you the other day? The little flower on there was also from Wild Flowers. I used prismacolor pencils and odorless mineral spirits for the flowers. Distressed the edges of the top note with blue ink. Computer generated the words. Just that little touch of the flower spruced up the labels.

DSCF9987 
Had to add this picture, it’s my favorite.
DSCF9986

 

So would you like to win this Flower set? Then come join us over at MyGrafico challenge blog and play along. Can’t wait to see your creations.

I’ll be back in a bit with the winner from my blog candy.


         Thanks for Stopping by!

                    Amber

6 comments:

DtsArt said...

very pretty. Love the way you layered the card

Tazza said...

Love the layers of your flower & leaves. The coloring is divine. Oh and the little place cards are so cute. Looks like it was a very nice party Great job! If you haven't already add a picture of them to the gallery at NING as well.

Vera Yates (Ling) said...

Amber your layering is gorgeous. Really makes the flower stands out.

Lynn's Place said...

I really like how you layered this flower awesome job tfs

Michelle said...

This is a beautiful card. Of course I love the layered look also. The copic markers are great. I wish I could layer the colors the way you did. Love the place cards also. What a beautiful party it had to be!!

Trinh said...

Beautiful dimension on your card, Amber! And that place card is so pretty!