Sunday, August 1, 2010

Bridal Shower & Blog Candy

DSCF0015
I co-hosted a Bridal Shower this past Friday night. I’ve shown you the invitations already a few weeks ago which you can find here. Now I can share with you some pictures from the shower.

 DSCF9974 Center piece for the food table.

DSCF9985

I made the labels using Top Note, printing the food names and Wild Flowers Stamps by MelsBrushes at MyGrafico.com. (more on them on Wend.)

DSCF9984

DSCF9982   Money tree for the Bride-to-be as she is moving out of state and it would be to hard to take gifts with her. She got the money hanging from the tree. A friend made the tree for us using his own money!

And now for the CUPCAKES! I made two different kinds, Banana Pudding and Key Lime Pie. Since both are so good, I doubled the recipes and made 88 cupcakes!! Recipes can be found in the book “Cupcakes! from the Cake Doctor” by Anne Byrn. (or if I get enough requests, I will post them in a separate post, just let me know)

Banana Pudding Cupcakes (filled)
DSCF0011 

Key Lime Pie Cupcakes (filled)
DSCF0016 

and now for some BLOG CANDY. The money tree is made completely out of one dollar bills. Tell me how much you think is on there NOT INCLUDING THE MONEY HANGING DOWN. Here is another shot of the tree. DSCF9992

The person closest to the correct amount will win a copy of the August Crafts ‘n Things that I am published in (will even sign it if you wish). August Cover If there are several people close to the correct amount, then random.org will do the drawing. Blog candy will close on Wend morning when my next post is due. Please make sure you leave me a way to contact you when you leave a comment. Good luck!

        Thanks for stopping by!

                  Amber
 

14 comments:

DtsArt said...

what a great shower you threw Amber. Everything looks GREAT! I am not any good a guessing the amount games at all. I will guess 387. Good luck with your guessing game.

Tammylee said...

Looks like you guys did a great job with the party. The cupcakes look awesaome. I probably would eat a Key Lime one. (lol)
My guess for the tree is $125

Patti P. said...

What a beautiful party!! Great job on all the decorations. I am guessing that there is 135.00 on the tree. You can contact me through the design team at TMITA. Thanks, Amber.

Michelle said...

What a wonderful looking Bridal Shower. I have never seen so much work put into a party like this. The money tree is a wonderful idea. There is so much money scrunched together but I'm going to say there is $250.00 is in it. I may be thinking high but I think there is alot more in the middle. I love these guessing games. Thanks for the chance to play.

Michelle
nevaehsangel@verizon.net

Vera Yates (Ling) said...

Wow, Amber. That money tree idea is so unique. Am guessing $250?? Love the cute labels you made using MyGrafico.

Scrapycandy said...

Wonderful party! I would say 300 dollars. Have a great week!

Jovita AKA Tia Goofy said...

what a great shower, cupcakes look so yummy. I am guessing $400.

Anonymous said...

Oh, your food looks so yummy. What a fantastic job you done.
My guess will have to be $275.00.
ColleenB.

Trinh said...

Everything looks amazing, Amber! And that money tree is such a creative gift! I'm not good at guessing games but will throw out a number - $200.

Jessie said...

I'll guess $100 and those cupcakes look amazing (would love the recipes)!

freida said...

Fabulous looking cupcakes and the money tree is definitely a winner! My guess would be $150! :) My co-workers made me one when I got married and it was the most creative/useful gift I received!

freida38801@yahoo.com

sucor said...

Beautiful decorations and cupcakes!! I am guessing that there is $115.00 on the tree.

Tazza said...

I am probablly tolate for this but i am going to guess.. LOL.. I guess 227.00 Hahahah... I bet I am way off..

Unknown said...

2000.00