Thursday, August 19, 2010

Our Craft Lounge Sneak Peeks Day #2

ButterflyTagjah copy

Hope you enjoyed yesterday’s sneak peeks. I’m back again with another sneak peak from Our Craft Lounge

Today I am showing off the set called Butterfly Kisses. For my creations today, I channeled my inner Tim Holtz and made my first ever (“Tim Holtz”) tag! I used five of the images from the set, another set, 8 colors of distress ink, white ink, a charm and ribbon!

First I distressed the tag with antique linen, stamped the butterfly and the dandelions with black, masked them and stamped Fancy Fringe (also by Our Craft Lounge) in white along the edges. I then went back over with dusty concord and tattered rose. Tattered rose was too light so I went over it with fired brick. Still keeping the masks on, I stamped the frame in vintage photo around the butterfly and the wording which I stamped twice in black soot to make it go off the tag.  Then I inked up just the edges with aged mahogany and went over it with walnut stain. I stamped the sentiment with vintage photo and embossed it in clear. Added the butterfly charm to the brown ribbon.

ButterflyTagjah copy 

OK - here's the details of the Sneak Peeks and Hop.
**Leave a comment each day on the peeks, August 18th & 19th and the hop on August 20th, 1 winner will be chosen from all 3 posts for a stamp set I'll be giving away.
**The winner will be chosen Sunday August 22nd.
**Leave your email address with your post so I can contact you.

Here is the links to the other girls that have sneaks to show:

Amber Hillman – That’s me!
Beth Silaika
Bev Gerard
Cambria Turnbow
Charmaine Ikach
Cindy Lawrence
Deb Felts
Debbie Corbari
Deborah Anton
Denise Marzec
Heather McNally
Holly McMillen
Jeanne Streiff
Joy Kennedy
Kendra Wietstock
Kisa Peters
Lori McAree
Michelle Fowler
Pam Hooten
Tammy Hershberger
Terri Thill

Don’t forget to come back tomorrow to see what set I will be giving away.


         Thanks for stopping by!

                    Amber

32 comments:

Stephanie said...

This is stunning!

Debbie Corbari said...

How very T!m! You rocked it!

slbt17 said...

love the tag!
Sandra
slbt17 at yahoo dot com

Pam said...

Gorgeous tag Amber, love it!!

Tammie Edgerton said...

That is SOOO cool!

MaGoooo said...

Amber this is a GREAT tag! You did Tim PROUD!

Beverly S. said...

Beautiful tag....I love anything with a butterfly on it. :)

Christina said...

Oh Amber, this is so beautiful! Great Job!!!

Joy said...

Love it Amber! Great tim tag! :)

Karen said...

Wow, I didn't even know you had an inner Tim Holtz. lol Your tag turned out beautifully Amber.

Gale said...

Very pretty but....holy cow. That sounds like a lot of work for a tag!

kelly said...

beautiful tag! love the colors! ~k

Celeste said...

Tim would be so proud! Love the image and I love how you used the distress colors. Great job on this!lhea_13409@yahoo.com

mmwilken said...

What a pretty tag!! Love what you did! Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

I love, love, love this tag!
Renee Godsey
Naygg6@sbcglobal.net

lisa808 said...

Great job distressing.

Unknown said...

That's a terrific tag.
Tim Holtz is becoming a
real favorite of mine.

Therea Kmieciak

Anonymous said...

Terrific tag. Just love
that Tim Holtz stuff!!!

Anonymous said...

What a terrific tag!!!

Deb said...

Wow Amber! This is GORGEOUS! Knocked my socks off!

AShu93 said...

Your tag is great! You must have a little Tim in there :)

silvia said...

Gorgeous tag!!!

Deborah Anton said...

Great job on this tag! Its came out beautiful!

carrie said...

Oh, I love this butterfly tag.

Tracy said...

Great tag!

Tammy Hershberger said...

Great design!

Isabel Z said...

Wow, this is stunning and such a work of art.
isabelzito at verizon dot net

Denise Marzec said...

Sooooo beautifully done!

scrappintlc said...

Gorgeous.

Lori said...

Lovely collage look!

Wendy (aka Roo) said...

This is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!!
wendy.roos2boys@gmail.com

Kathy H said...

LOVELY