Friday, June 4, 2010

OCL sketch #16

Fishing

It’s Friday and if you have been following, you know that means it’s time for another Our Craft Lounge sketch! Come join us in the fun and see how you could win some OCL stamps!  I combined the OCL sketch with the Free 4 All 15, which was to make a card you could give to a boy (young or old). 

I used “Fishing with Dad” and embossed it in black. Paper pieced the shirts and colored the deck with copic. The water was colored with prismacolor pencil and blended with odorless mineral spirit. Used cloud stencil for the sky. The design papers are from the Karen Foster Fishing Line. Used spellbinders to cut out the middle layer using the out of box technique for the image.

Fishing


         Thanks for stopping by!

                   Amber

4 comments:

Deb said...

Great card, Amber! Love the dp...reminds me of the flannel shirts my brother wears! I need to make a card with image especially for him! Poor guy, he's workin' hard lately (he works for the La. Wildlife and Fisheries Dept.) with the oil spill mess.

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

What a beautiful scene, Amber! I love your card!

Memories of Time said...

Nice! I love how you used the trees in the background and your clouds! :) Hope you are having a great weekend.

Denise Marzec said...

Gorgeous coloring, Amber!!

...and hey, I love your new blog pic too.