Thursday, June 24, 2010

Birthday cards

Marysvintagecardajhcopy
I had a couple of birthdays that I needed cards for this past few weeks.

I had to do the Featured Stamper this week as it is fellow OCL gal, Pam Hooten! I cased her Patriotic Parade card as I needed a quick simple layout.  I changed the images but still kept them OCL images, changed colors but distressed with vintage ink and I had to add a big ribbon to it with a bow made by the bow easy, I also turned the layout.

Marysvintagecardajhcopy This card went to a dear old friend of mine that has known me ever since I was born. She is like my grandma. The shoe in the background was her birthday present, it is a planter for a garden.

Stamps: Say it with Flowers

Paper: Pink, My Mind's Eye dsp, vanilla

Ink: distress inks: tattered rose, vintage photo

Accessories: ribbon, spellbinders, Martha Stewart border punch



For my second card, I used the sketch challenge286 as once again I need a simple quick layout. I used Whale of a Tale by Our Craft Lounge. Paper pieced the whale, gave him some googly eyes and popped him up on the card with Helmar liquid scrap dots.

Matthewsbdayajhcopy

This card went to a little boy turning 8 yrs old. Here is the birthday boy (l) and my son, Benjamin (r), playing at Chuck E Cheese for his birthday.

DSCF9118  
Before Chuck E Cheese, Benjamin got to go with the birthday boy to his Martial Arts class as it was Buddy week.

Here is Benjamin doing some Martial Arts off to the side with one of the Instructors:

DSCF9102

Stamps: Whale of a Tale

Paper: white, design paper

Ink: black

Accessories: helmar liquid scrap dots, googly eyes


        Thank you for stopping by!
                   
                    Amber

2 comments:

sucor said...

Great cards! I love the soft colors and the punch you used on the first one to great effect. The boy's birthday card is so cute - great match of image and sentiment. Thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

Love your cards! The first one is my favorite, love the soft colors! Birthday card is really cute with the sentiment you put on it! Your son looks awesome!