Friday, June 25, 2010

OCL Sketch #19

chippbdaycopy 
Here is my card for the OCL Sketch Challenge #19, it also qualifies for the Free For All challenge18 which was to be inspired by this poem:

Ice Cream Poem

I like ice cream. Yes I do!
One scoop for me?
No! Make it two!
Hmmm two scoops of ice cream,
I want more
How about three?
No, make that four!
1, 2, 3, 4,
Splat! "oh no! It's on the floor!"


Here is the sketch:
june19  

I combined two sets, Whale of a Tale with Lil’ Pea-Nut for my card. Now little octopus has a flower in ‘her’ hair: 

scan0005  But this card is going to a little boy for his birthday tonight so I stamped the birthday hat from Lil’ Pea-Nut, colored it with copics, cut it out and attached it over the flower making the little octopus into a  “he”.  closeupcopy   

Next I added brown Sparkly Fluff to his suction cups, stamped/colored balloons, present and ice cream from Lil’ Pea-Nut and attached them with Helmar ZapDots.  I used twine in place of the ribbon and the ice cream in place of the button. Paper is BasicGrey archaic pad.

chippbdaycopy

Stamps: Whale of a Tale, Lil’ Pea-Nut
Paper: browns, Basic Grey archaic, white
Ink: black, copics
Accs: sparkly fluff, helmar zapdots, googly eyes


       
         Thanks for stopping by!

                Amber

8 comments:

Kendra said...

Very cute! LOL ~ I used the same image today & isn't it amazing how the same image can look so different?

Pam said...

Super cute Amber, love the papers you used, the googlie eyes are perfect!
That's a cute poem too!

Broni said...

So cute, Amber. Love how you made her into a him!!

Denise Marzec said...

Love the twine and the pop of color on the balloons! Sweet!

Joy said...

Eeeeks! Toooooo cute Amber. Love it!

Deb said...

So darling, Amber! Love the way you made this image work for a little boy!

Unknown said...

Amber this card is so cute! Neat idea into making she a he!!

Memories of Time said...

BRILLIANT! Just adorable! Love it Amber!!