Wednesday, June 23, 2010

A cool treat for the kids

jellograpes2
This summer I am wanting to make different thing for the kids to snack on. Ranging from homemade popsicles, cookies, bars, smoothies, you name it.  I’ll do my best to share them here with you incase you are on the look out for something different and fun for your kids (k, so it doesn’t have to be just for kids ;) )

This one today comes from my Mom. She saw this idea at her spinning guild and shared it with me. I had the ingredients on hand so I figured, why not try it out today. It’s a keeper for us and the best part is that the young ones can help out with this one too! 

Glitter grapes

What you will need
:

I used Strawberry but any kind of Jell-O will work. jellograpes

Grapes that have been washed and semi patted dry. I used green but once again any kind will work.
jellograpes1a

Put some Jell-O in a sealable bag, add the grapes and shake it all up. If your grapes aren’t semi damp, the Jell-O powder will not stick to them (ask me how I know that!)
jellograpes1

Place Glitter Grapes on a plate and munch away!  If you can stand to wait an hour, place the Glitter Grapes in the fridge for about an hour. This helps the Jell-O set a little more. (and of course the grapes taste better cold!)
jellograpes2

I can see this becoming a favorite summer snack, the kids are loving these. I will have to try other kinds of Jell-O too! Let me know what kind is your favorite if you try this.

Nutritional Info

Servings Per Recipe: 12
Amount Per Serving
Calories: 83.6
Total Fat: 0.5 g
Cholesterol: 0.0 mg
Sodium: 34.0 mg
Total Carbs: 20.3 g
Dietary Fiber: 0.8 g
Protein: 1.1 g

Nutritional info was found at Spark Recipes


       Thanks for stopping by!
         
                   Amber

3 comments:

Dawn said...

YUM!

Unknown said...

Amber thank you for sharing! Grands will start coming next week and this will be perfect for them!

Starla said...

Wonder how these would taste frozen?! I'd never have thought of this combo, but just might have to give it a try