Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Aloha!

Sketch Challenge 281 was a simple, quick layout that I needed for today. I used Our Craft Lounge’s Life is a Beach. I also decided to try out the Color Challenge 271, Dusty Durango, Rich Razzleberry, So Saffron & Neutrals of Choice, as I haven’t played the color challenge in ages.

I stamped the palm tree on vanilla cs in soft suede and again in green which I cut out the palms to reattach to the tree. Coated the coconuts with  Coffee Bean Brown Sparkly Fluff using diamond glaze. Stamped waves from OCL’s Whale of a Tale and colored in with Copics B41. Masking the tree and a circle (that I punched out of a post it note) I blended Dusty Durango, Rich Razzleberry & So Saffron for the sunset. The colors may have gotten on the waves some as I wanted a reflection of some of the sunset. Add Diamond Glaze to the waves to make them look more like water. Stippled the sand with soft suede and then covered with Mudd Puddles Malibu sand.
alhoacloseupcopy

Layered on Rich Razzleberry with a little So Saffron sticking out the side with a few rhinestones. For the oval I stamped “Aloha” in Rich Razzleberry, inked up the flowers in Dusty Durango and did a little Rock ‘n Roll with Rich Razzleberry. Punched out saying with oval punch and layered on Spellbinder scalloped oval. Attached with dimensions.  All this was layered on Soft Suede.

Alohaajhcopy 

           Thanks for stopping by!

                    Amber

2 comments:

Broni said...

Very cool cards, Amber!! I'm so ready to head to the beach!!

windycindy said...

I love the "sand!"
Thanks, Cindi
jchoppes[at]hotmail[dot]com