Friday, May 21, 2010

If Friends were Flowers….

Flowerfriendsajhcopy “Your garden would be full!” and so is this card. Full of challenges that is!  It’s Friday so that means Our Craft Lounge Sketch #14! OCLDT14

I used the sketch (which I flipped) and combined it with the Free For All 13 (Buttons & bows) and also with May’s DD/DDA challenge. For the DD/DDA challenge, Bev challenged us to use buttons but NO BLACK of any kind!   At first I freaked out a little about no black but I guess that is why it’s called a challenge!  I also challenged myself in a way as I’ve never used buttons like this before.

The only stamping on my card is the sentiment which comes from Say it With Flowers by Our Craft Lounge. I love that the set is acrylic as I cut the saying apart to position it the way I wanted it. I stamped it in embossing ink first, then into vintage distress ink, that way i was able to emboss it with clear embossing powder. Cut out the circle with a coluzzle and sponged the edges with distress ink. Added some orange rhinestones above and below saying. Used Spellbinders scallop circle for underneath. Attached with Helmar circle ZapDots to give some dimension. Flowerfriendsajhcopy

Using the Top Note die, I cut out both pieces of paper but cut off the edge on the orangish piece. Distressed it with distress inks. When I was on the Helmar DT, we had gotten some ribbon from Creative Impressions, in looking through it, I came across this piece that looks like a vine. *LIGHTBULB came on*  I would make flowers using buttons and the ribbon as the stems!!  Using Helmar Craft & Hobby PVA glue and a toothpick, I very carefully added glue to the ribbon. I added buttons from Fancy Pants using Helmar Gemstone Glue.

Flowerfriendsajhcopy

To see what the other Dirty/Alumni girls did for button/no black challenge, click Here. (this is not the Fan Club so it is open to all.)

       Thanks for stopping by!

                  Amber

3 comments:

Sumtoy said...

Very cute...love the floweres

Denise Marzec said...

Totally adorable, Amber. Great job combining challenges!

Heather McNally and Melissa MacDonald said...

Super cute, Amber!!! Love the flowers!