Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Framed Fishing Day

fishingdadtreasured friendcopy

Monday’s Try New Technique 273, to create a raised frame around your image. I picked out a scallop oval frame that I had from Creative Cuts n More and went to work.

When I first saw these two sets by Our Craft Lounge, an idea popped into my head and this seemed the perfect time to try it. I started by stamping the little girl from Treasured Friends, masked her and stamped the guys fishing from Fishing with Dad, masked that and stamped the trees/rocks (also from Fishing with Dad) behind them. I colored the image first with markers before stamping to give it some color.

Sponged in some clouds. Picked up copic BG15 with a copic blender and colored in the water. Using Mudd Puddles Cookie Dough, I gave the girl a beach to walk on. Even added some Mudd Puddles shells on the beach for the girl to look for.

Added white gel pen to the frame and attached it to the card using Helmar clear Zapdots. Silver brads in the paper strip. All layered on Night Quite Navy. Design paper is My Mind’s Eye.

fishingdadtreasured friendcopy

Supplies: Fishing with Dad/Treasured Friends, scallop oval frame, copics, mudd puddles sand/shells, white gel pen, green/brown markers, black ink, sliver brads, my mind’s eye dsp, not quite navy cs,  Helmar clear zapdots

              Thanks for stopping by!
                          
                         Amber

0 comments: