Friday, April 9, 2010

SMC Challenge #10 - Stitching

Stitching with Hershey  
First order of business, I would like to congratulate the winner of Angel boy with Hershey from my last week’s SMC blog hop……  random.org picked #14 which turned out to be …….
Jeanette (Forest Ranger).

My term is up with
Sew Many Cards as of this weekend. So I hope you enjoy my last challenge card as a SMC gal.

It’s a
technique challenge – Stitching; real, faux, whatever your fancy is. Our sponsor for this week is Stitchy Stamps.

Before I show you my card, I want to explain about the images first. I used three different images but merged them together first before printing it out. They all are part of the Hershey Value Pack. You can find a tutorial here that will help you to merge digital images. (I’m sending you here incase i never get time to do a tutorial on how I merged the images as I may have done mine just a little different)

I placed Hershey inside his doghouse and placed his bowl with bones right outside. Used Prismacolor pencils blended with baby oil. Added some shimmerz to the image. Used a circle coluzzle to cut out the image while cutting some of the image outside of the circle. Scallop Circle Spellbinders was used for underneath. Design paper is  DCWV The Pets Stack that I sewed onto with white thread. Layout is
SCS Sketch Challenge 275.

Stitching with Hershey 

Supplies: Hershey Value Pack, prismacolor pencils, baby oil, spellbinders, coluzzle, shimmerz, DCWV The Pets Stack, yellow, brown, blue cardstock, sewing machine

Well I hope you have enjoyed my time with Sew Many Cards as much as I have. Always check back at my blog as you never know when I might just pull out a SMC image to play with (they do hold challenges every Friday, you know…)
           
         Thanks for stopping by!

                     Amber

2 comments:

kim.mom said...

Love your card!!! Would love a tutorial on how you merge images like that!!! So sad to see you leave SMC DT but I hope you will come and play with us often!

Cheri said...

I'm off to check your tutorial link...would love to be able to merge images. Sorry to see you leaving SMC but hope you continue with our challenges. Great job on the card BTW.