Friday, March 12, 2010

SMC Challenge #7 – Easter Project

HoppyEAsterajhcopy
Welcome to Challenge #7 for Sew Many Cards! The theme for the challenge was Easter Project. Any kind as long as you used a SMC digital image.  

Our sponsor is Stamps Alive, owned by Terrie Olsen. Sponsor prize package is a cuttlebug combo embossing folder – Damask. So head over to Sew Many Cards to see how you can play along.

I used Miki dressed as a Easter Bunny. I used copics for the face, cheeks, eggs, belly. For the bunny outfit, I used Gray Prismacolor pencils with odorless mineral spirits. I paper pieced the easter basket using SU’s Tea Party dsp. I then cut out Miki completely and put crystal effects on the eggs to make them shiny.

closeupajhHoopycopy

So what is my Easter Project? Why an Easter Basket of course! I used the Easter Basket tutorial over at SCS in the resource section. It was really easy to make. I used SU’s (retired) Delicate Dots dsp to decorate my basket. I used Martha Stewart’s fence punch around the bottom of the basket and SU’s scallop trim border for the handle.   For the sign I used JustRite Brayton Font and a scalloped square spellbinder all held up with a piece of ribbon. I attached it to the handle with a brad before I added the decorative paper strip.

HoppyEAsterajhcopy

Miki is attached to the basket with some foam dots, all ready to deliver his eggs.

       
              Thanks for stopping by,
                         Amber

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Love your basket, just sew cute.

kim.mom said...

SUPER CUTE!!! LOVE IT!

~Jeri~ said...

Sew cute Amber!!! Your basket is too cute!

Deanette said...

Nice basket Amber, love the coloring!

Tammy Miller said...

cute cute project, don't you just love that image of Miki!!