Thursday, February 4, 2010

Valentine cards galore

ValentineWantedajhcopy
I had an order that I have been working on of 4 Valentine cards for 3 young children and a teenage boy. I finally finished them all up. So please bare with me as I share all 4 cards.

I used Lola Love by Our Craft Lounge for the 7yr old girl’s card. Was told she loves purple and sparkles. I used Try New Technique Challenge 257 side stepping card. I embossed her dress on purple sparkle cardstock. Colored her with copics and added stickles to her hearts and hair bows. LolaValentineajhcopy Be mine has Crystal Effects on it is and is 3d with Helmar Liquid Scrap Dots under it. Embossed hearts on the lower step, cutout wording with heart paper pieced in the sparkle purple cardstock, Masked strip of hearts for second step, colored with prismacolor pencils and odorless mineral spirits, added stickles to some of the hearts. Sentiment is from Jungle Love by Our Craft Lounge and was cut out with nesties. Even added sparkle gel pen to the dsp.LolaValentineajhcopy



For the two young boys, I used Jungle Love from Our Craft Lounge. I used Mojo Monday’s Sketch and went with monkey theme from Jungle Love. Used Prismacolored pencils and odorless mineral spirits. Stamped the heart bananas in a row and cut them out completely for the layer. Used cloud stencil with blue ink. Design paper is digital from MFT.

Bananasoveryouajhcopy

For my second card using Jungle Love, I went with the lion in the set. I used this sketch that I found on Jen del Muro’s blog. I did flip the sketch to work better with my image. Used prismacolored pencils with odorless mineral spirits. Little bird is cut out and popped up with Helmar ZapDots. Cloud stencil was used with blue ink and i sponged on green for the ground. Main image is also up on Helmar ZapDots.

NotLionajhcopy
I saved my favorite card for last! The teenage boy Valentine card. At first I wasn’t sure how I was going to pull it off but Our Craft Lounge made it easy with their Wanted set. I used the SCS sketch266 for my layout. Colored images with copics. Added some sparkle gel pen to the "U" and on the small heart. Entire middle layout is on Helmar Scrap Dots for dimension. Did the Faux Leather (used this tutorial for the Faux Leather) for the background pieces. Tore and distressed around the wanted sign layer as I wanted a burnt look but didn’t feel like actually using real fire for it so I went the faux way. Boots are cut out of the box.






ValentineWantedajhcopy


supplies: Our Craft Lounge – Lola Love, Jungle Love, Wanted, purple, red, brown, blue, white cardstock, prismacolored pencils, copics, embossing powder, crystal effects, stickles, helmar zapdots, helmar liquid scrap dots, spellbinders, cuttlebug, ribbon, gel pen

2 comments:

Denise Marzec said...

Wow, girl, these are GREAT! I especially love that side step card with the hearts and the CE on the Be Mine sentiment. Adorable!

Milnie said...

wow! gorgeous creations Amber!!


hugs,

Mélanie