Friday, January 29, 2010

Sew Many Cards Blog Hop

Blog Hop, Larger 
Welcome to another Sew Many Cards New Release Blog Hop!! So glad you could join us this week for a chance to see Angela’s new releases and a chance at winning some great prizes!! Hopefully you have arrived here from Kym W.

Our sponsors this month is  Wags N’ Whiskers and  Simon Says Stamp!

Everyday low prices_Banner

To win a $25 Gift Certificate to the Wags N’ Whiskers Store and a new release stamp from Wags N’ Whiskers you MUST comment on EACH design team members blog. We know we have a large team, but it’ll be well worth the hop to see all of our teams great projects and our sponsors awesome prizes!

SimonSaysStampBlinkie1

Would you like to win a $10 Gift Certificate to Simon Says Stamp and the entire line of Sew Many Cards new releases…then we have a special challenge this week for you during our blog hop…You’ll find all the details on the last stop of our hop!

Okay now that all that is out of the way.. on to my card! I’ve been reorganizing my area and of course I make a card that I want to sew on! So instead of pulling out the sewing machine (as I had just put it away that day), I pulled out the good ole thread and needle and did the sewing by hand. I used Pink Paislee paper and the piece under the donkey is from a sticker book by Pink Paislee. The main card uses DoubleMates cardstock.

I used prismacolor pencils and blended it with odorless mineral spirits. I printed the image out again and colored just the head. Cut it out and attached it to the body using Helmar Liquid Scrap Dot so that there is some 3D look to it. Sponged in blue ink for the sky and green ink for the grass. Shadow was added with a gray copic marker.
Donkey3d

I used Mercy’s Tuesday Sketch for my layout and also for Fab ‘n’ Funky Challenge of using a digi image.

Please stop by each of the Sew Many Cards design team members blogs and leave a friendly comment, and be sure to leave us an email or link to your blog when you finish the hop at our challenge blog!!
Your next stop in the hop will be Kym B. If you lose your way the list is at Sew Many Challenges.


                             Thanks for Looking,

                           Amber

47 comments:

kim.mom said...

ADORABLE card! Love it!

~Jeri~ said...

SEW cute Amber! Love the colors!

DesertBuni said...

Sooo Cute!!! I have to say it reminds me of my Puppy, she tilts her head to the side when I talk to her! LOL

kim.mom said...

Great card! Love the colors you chose!!

Liz said...

so sweet a card enjoying this hop

liz x

Liz said...

great card there love it enjoying the hop will hop on now lol

liz x

coldwaters2 said...

Oh wow Amber this is terrific I love how you have 3d his head when I first saw this image I thought he was one of those nodding head creations lol. I am loving your colouring and the sponging technique it is very effective I am so glad I am joining this blog hop the inspiration is overwhelming.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Doreen said...

Beautiful card Just letting you know I dropped by xxx

Sam said...

Bless he looks soooooo cute on this card - love it!
Sam x

Melissa Wright said...

Love the colours you used anad how you coloured your image!

Dawn said...

how cute!!!

KymKreates said...

Your coloring and background is just lovely. He looks so serene!
KymKreates

Always with a Sentiment said...

Oh Amber. I have just fallen in LOVE......with that adorable image, how cute is that lovely face.
Such vibrant colours too, which highlight the image even more. Just fantastic.
Happy Crafting.
Love Sandra xx

Debbi said...

Great card! LOVE the donkey. :-) Happy Friday!

Helen Dooley said...

He is a charmer! how cute. great coloring.

Pretty-In-Ink said...

I can't believe that you did your sewing by hand! It looks really great! Very cute card!
Nicola

April said...

Love this card - from the sticthing to the image coloring. Great!

michele hileman said...

He is so cute Amber. such great talent

Rhonda Miller said...

That is sew cute. TFS.

Michelle said...

You ladies are killing me with these little donkeys......beautiful card and love that you inked in the sky and the grass.

Tami said...

Oh another cute stamp:)

Tammy said...

Oh he is sew cute! Love what you did with him.

Audrey Ernst (hippieaud) said...

Us OHIO SAHM's of 4 both got the ADORABLE donkey image:) You did a MARVELOUS job on your card!!

Deanette said...

Really cute card!

Mary Ski said...

I love your treatment of Donkey. The colors blend so well

kandistar said...

aww he is so cute, love the paper and the stitching that you did on the card! *Candace*

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

How precious! I love your card... that image is just SEW cute!!!

Peggy said...

This is so adorable. It is such a versatile image. Very cute card!

Sharon said...

What beautiful colors and layout of the card this one is my favorite at this time.

Angelwood said...

Love this guy! Such a cute donkey. You've done a lovely job coloring him! hugs, Angela Wood

Bubbles said...

Cute cute love the orange! It's my sons favorite color!

Unknown said...

What a cute card and great image!
hugs,
Gini

Maria said...

Got to love the hand stitiching, so perfect for a Sew Many Cards hop! Great job!

~D~ said...

what an awesome job, sew cute!

Michele Lourenco said...

this is so sweet!

Lou Sims said...

Super cute, adorable card! Many thanks for joining in with "Fab 'n' FUnky" challenges this week and we look forward to seeing you again.

Lou
x

Anonymous said...

You did an amazing job coloring this card. Very Nice!

Dragonlady said...

Hi Amber

Ah what a cutie.

Hugs Ali x

Rose said...

aw he is so cute! i just luv his face :) fantastic card!!

Sandy O said...

love the way you tilted his head!

Tammy Miller said...

What a great card I love it the images is way cute.

Kym's Crafty Cards said...

Oh what a lovely treat a blog hop to celebrate Sew Many Cards New Releases. I have only recently come across the Sew Many Cards Challenge Blog and website but love the images.

What a lovely card Amber. I think the donkey has to be one of my favourites. Best wishes, Kym xxx

Kazzy73 said...

Oh that image is just adorable.Makes ya want to go arrrr.
Karen x x x x

Unknown said...

amber...love that little donkey...so sa-weet!

thanks for playing along with my sketch challenge for last week...you did a beautiful job! :)

{{{hugs}}}
mercy

Kimme said...

He is really cute. I love the hand sewing you did on this too. Great job!

Anonymous said...

WOW I love the 3d effect!!!

Stacie (craft-princess) said...

Great work! Love the colors!