Monday, January 4, 2010

Welcoming 2010 in with a new Design Team !

HalenQuiltingajhcopy

I haven’t posted since last year! haha I know.. that joke gets old so fast! So what do I have in store for you this year? Well hopefully a lot more stamping and less sickness!! (well one can hope!)

I am excited to share with you this card I did this morning for the Try New Technique254 (man it felt good to get back into the SCS’s challenges!), I even combined it with the Featured Stamper152. The technique was to do some paper quilting. I picked a quilt design called Pineapple to use. I also changed the image, colors to the FS card I cased.

What’s so exciting about this card is it’s a digital image from Sew Many Cards and I am now a member of their design team! So without further ado… here is my card:

HalenQuiltingajhcopy

Isn’t that image too cute! This Halen the Hare and it looks like she was playing in her mommy’s jewelry box. Check out that bling around her neck! I added rhinestones to the necklace image to make her sparkle. Entire image is colored in with copics. I added some “Pool” Smooch (pearlized accent ink) to her patches. I used a circle coluzzle to cut her out, leaving her feet and some of her hat to hang out over the edge. The design paper I used for the quilt and background is from Dream Street Paper and were attached using Helmar Quick Fix Adhesive Runner. Halen and the nestabilitie is attached to the card with Helmar Liquid Scrap Dots to give it some dimension.

I can’t wait to bring you more goodies from Sew Many Cards. Thank you for being with me through this exciting new journey and through the rest of this year.

6 comments:

Taylor said...

congrats on the new dt!!! love the card :)

Unknown said...

Aw, what a cute card -- I love how you added the necklace, it really does add some POW!

Nice work
Angela
Sew Many Cards

Unknown said...

So cute, what a gorgeous design!!

DesertBuni said...

This is totally cute! I love your coloring and the Bing you added is the perfect touch!!! I Love my Bling!!! And let me offer you a Big Welcome to the SMC DT too!!!!

Mary Ski said...

Love the card. Halen reminds my of my girls when they were little.

~Jeri~ said...

Oh wow Amber, I love this card!! Your coloring is awesome and I LOVEEEEEEE the bling necklace!! What a great card!!