Sunday, September 13, 2009

A few Christmas cards

For today's Featured Stamper136, I pulled out Jolly Ornaments from Our Craft Lounge. I cased this card of the featured stamper, Shannan. Changed the images, color and added embossing to the background. The paper tree is popped up with the help of Helmar's Liquid Scrap Dots. The ornaments were stamped in Silver, cut out and strung on silver cording. The star was stamped and embossed in iridescent ice to give it some shine. I did have to make my card a tall card to accommodate my tree. This card also fits for the Inspiration Challenge197. We were to use CWKids for our inspiration and I picked this outfit.



Close up of the tree:


A few weeks ago, the limited supply236 was to make scraplings. This is using the scrap piece left over when you make a 4x4 card. It ends up measuring 4 x 1.5. I used Jolly Ornaments then too. Stamped two different color ornaments and colored in the black one with copics. Using gold cording, I strung the ornaments on and placed them on pop dots to keep them from moving.


Stuff I used: Jolly Ornaments by Our Craft Lounge, white, burgundy, green, vanilla cardstock, black, silver, versamark ink; silver/gold cording, clear embossing powder, iridescent embossing powder, Helmar Liquid scrap dots, Helmar quick fix runner, ribbon, xacto knife


Photobucket

2 comments:

Sophias Style said...

I love this card with red and green Christmas bulbs! You've inspired me to create something like it for my Christmas card this year. I've already picked out my daughter's Christmas dress from www.sophiasstyle.com and now thanks to you I'm almost set for the holidays! (Minus my large gift list LOL) Keep up the great work!

affordable flower girl dresses said...

sometime back,I tried creating a new year card and as you tried, I too did try the liquid scrap dots.. it really added a lot to the cutout that I had made. but your make is much better than what I could. it's a great inspiration for me to try again.