Thursday, September 3, 2009

A "Sandy" card

Today's Way to Use It was Sand. Sanding your cardstock, using actually sand on your card. Well I just happen to have some real sand from MuddPuddles that I pulled out.

I also happened to have a card on my table from the great Sharon Harnist that I decided I would case. I pulled out Autumn Days and went to work. I used markers on the bird and sponged on sage shadow all around the edges. I also sanded the edges of the sage shadow (i know, it looks like gray cardstock). I then used the sewing machine with brown thread.



close up of the sand so you can see the dimension of it.


Autumn Days, Kind & Caring Thoughts, sage shadow, more mustard, white, design paper, ribbon, markers, mudd puddles sand, sewing machine, sage shadow & chocolate chip ink

Photobucket

1 comments:

Sharon Harnist said...

This is so cool, Amber -- love the extra texture of the sand! Great colors you put together; wonderful paper and beautifully colored pheasant!