Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Day 3: Frame + Brush + Hand-Tint

I am up way too early! Little one woke up at 4am and was wide awake so I hopped on and did today's class.


Today JessicaSprague.com introduce a technique you can use to create a cool hand-tinted special effect for photos you'd like to add a soft, antique feel to. And then gave us a frame to download and had us add stars as a bonus project.

First I am going to show you the orginal picture I used so you can see the difference.


Now I hand-tinted the picture, added the frame and a few stars. I also cropped the picture before adding all the extras. Can you see the difference? I think I like this 'older' feel to the picture better than the orginal picture!


Of course I had to go find some wording to put on the picture. So here is the same picture above with text added to it.
Once again this was taken by my daughter and her friends out on one of their many walks around the neighborhood.

I’ve had a couple of questions about the last firework picture I uploaded so I thought I would answer those.


1. What kind of camera do you have? I have a FujiFilm FinePix S1000 10.0 Mega Pixels
2. What setting did you use for the fireworks? I used a setting called fireworks. My shutter speed was set to 2 (didn’t even realize there was a shutter speed until i started taking pictures and then it was to late to try and figure out how to change it)

I hope that answered the questions well enough. Feel free to ask more if you have them.









Keep your fingers crossed that I am back later with today's sketch. I really like it and hope I have time to play after taking little one to story time this morning.

2 comments:

Starla said...

KICKING myself that I didn't sign up for this class

Jerri Kay said...

Amber, I'm loving these pictures you're showing! I've tuned in every day to check out your progress. Thank you for providing a link to the classes. I'm so terrible at watermarking and can use all the help I can get. I'll have to look into this when I get some time.