Friday, July 31, 2009

Catching up for the week....

Hello. Remember me? Yes, I'm still alive. No, I was not at CHA like some of my fellow stampers were. Life has just been in the way a little this past month so stamping had to take a back seat for awhile. But here are a few cards I made last week for the Dare To Get Dirty challenges and beginning of this week that I wanted to share with you.

For Betty's "Dare to Get Dirty" challenge of making your own Design Paper. I used three images from The Tribe set by Our Craft Lounge to make the design paper. Colored the images with prismacolor pencils and blended with odorless mineral spirits. Took a paint brush and "pounced" ink spots on the dp too. Used the same "pounce" on the wording layer. All layers are distressed with distress ink. main image is colored with prismacolor pencils and blended with odorless mineral spirits.Used sketch 116 for my layout.

I cased this card of versamom who was featured stamper last week. Kept the layout the same but changed images and color. Used nestabilities for the squares. Middle square is on dimensions. All paper but the black is from the La Creme matstack. The flowered layer is black flocking.This is also for Becca's DTGD challenge of using punches or die cuts. Besides the nesties, I used my square punch on all the images and added the Martha Stewart border punch below the ribbon.


Love how this ribbon matches her outfit. Colored her with Prismacolor pencils and blended with odorless mineral spirits. Used oval scallop nestabilities and then popped them up using Helmar Liquid Scrap Dots. Bow was made using the Bow Easy and attached with Helmar 450 adhesive. Images from Our Craft Lounge - The Tribe.


A couple of Dare to get Dirty challenges here, texture (flower soft), birds, ribbon to name a few. The green paper is from the Latte matstack and has a slight texture to it. The brown cardstocks is actually a double color with a vivid shade (light brown) on one side and a rich shade (dark brown) on the other side. This cardstock comes from DoubleMates and also has a texture to it.The owls are on Helmar Liquid Scrap Dots to give them dimension. Prismacolor pencils and odorless mineral spirits were used. I added Flower Soft to make it look like 'flowers' under the tree.Images are from Our Craft Lounge Used Sketch challenge 137 for my layout.


More Dare To Get Dirty challenges here. Used Helmar liquid scrap dots to do the paper tole with the flower. Used the flourishes and circles to make my own dp, added just a little red to the small dots. Made my bow using the Bow Easy. Thanks to Rainy for the sketch. Images are from Stampendous.

Check back during the week as Our Craft Lounge is having Holiday sneak peeks all week long!!

0 comments: