Sunday, June 14, 2009

A “White Zulu” birthday card

For today’s Featured Stamper, I cased this card: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/470820?cat=500&ppuser=90220.  I flipped the layout so my image could fit. Used cupcake image to make my own design paper for the ‘third’ layer. I say third layer as the black “layers” are all faux. (done with a marker!)

I made this card for a friend who is turning 66 tomorrow. He calls my husband a “White Zulu” as hubby was born and bred in South Africa and is white. It’s a standing joke between the two of them so when I saw The Tribe from Our Craft Lounge, I knew I had to have it just to make him cards!

Johnsbddaycardajhcopy

DSCF1831

3 comments:

Judy Rozema said...

How super fun!!!

Debbie Corbari said...

That is awesome! LOVE IT!

Denise Marzec said...

That sentiment totally makes that set, and after reading your story...oh yeah, this set is PERFECT for your friend, hee!