Saturday, June 20, 2009

Wedding, Geo Caching and ducks

We had a wedding to go to today. None of my kids were in it but my nephews were. Here are just a few shots of the bridal party, bride/groom and the cake (no I didn’t make it, the bride’s sister also does cakes). Jorden thought the bride was a Princess and wanted pictures of her in her ‘princess’ dress. ahhh to see the world through little kids’ eyes!

The Happy Couple!
walkinginaj
The bridal party entering the reception. My nephews are in the front.
weddingpartyenter2
The “Princess” with her followers. Jorden is in front of Benjamin.
Aleshaandkids
The wedding cake.
weddingcake


Jorden finally made it down to the water to see the DUCKS before we left the reception.
JordendDucks


So how does Geocaching come into play at a wedding and what is Geocaching?

“Geocaching is a high-tech treasure hunting game played throughout the world by adventure seekers equipped with GPS devices. The basic idea is to locate hidden containers, called geocaches, outdoors and then share your experiences online. Geocaching is enjoyed by people from all age groups, with a strong sense of community and support for the environment.”

Well now you know what Geocaching is but how in the world does it come into play at a wedding? Honestly, Geocaching is a bad habit! I had to look up where the wedding was and where the reception was to see if there were any Geocaches along the way! lol We did go to two of them but no luck in finding any caches. :( I have started taking pictures of the kids when we go Geocaching so we can have proof we were looking. Here is a picture of the family right after the wedding at “Lamb Chop's Gold” geocache.

LampChopajh

Now I’m not saying the cache is right there but this neat gazebo was so of course I had to use it for a photo op. Doesn’t everyone look thrilled??

Like I said, Geocaching is a bad habit to start! It’s so bad that my parents (who have been traveling all week) were calling me asking ME to look up Geocaches for them!! To see where they have been and if they found any, see my mom’s blog at Dawn… A New Day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I stumbled upon your Blog while doing a search about ducks on Google. It then came to my attention that your blog is popular. Are you aware that you could be making an income with your blog? You should check out www.bloggingtothebank.com. It's a site that shows you how to generate an income off of your blog. It's 100% risk free. I tried it and am very satisfied with the results.

Donna Baker said...

ha! I love the photos - your mom commented on a post of mine where I talked about my DH and I geocaching! This hobby is totally catching on to stampers all over! visit my blog or my photos on FB so you can see some pics from our adventures! Lee Murphy got us into it