Friday, June 12, 2009

Fishin’ on the Beach

I have a friend who is taking a vacation soon and plans on fishing the entire time. Thought I’d make him a card using the Limited Supply 224 (shades of blue, grays, greens and sand colors, ribbon/hemp/twine, brads and piercing) and sketch232 from this week over at SCS.

Of course I had to use Bear-ly Fishin’ from Our Craft Lounge. This time though I wanted to change it up a bit as I wanted my bear to be really outdoorsie. So I made him a fishin’ pole from a stick and some hemp twine. The twine is attached to the stick with Helmar Craft Glue. I completely cut the bear’s arm right up to his shoulder so that I could put the pole under his paw. It is attached with a little bit of Helmar Craft Glue to his paw.

Cloud stencil was used for the clouds and
MuddPuddles was used for the ‘beach’. I used Montego Bay ‘sand’ for the bear to sit on.
The bear himself is attached to the paper with
Helmar Liquid Scrap Dots. The shoe is attached with Helmar Liquid Scrap Dot just to keep it from floating in air. And the twine is held down in the middle with a little bit of Helmar Craft Glue.

The sentiment is stamped on both squares with the ending “day workin’” on the inside. Piercing is done in the corners of the fish strip and brads finish off all the corners.

Design paper is from Cosmo Cricket’s Snorkel line.

sandybearajhcopy

Stamps: Bear-ly Fishin'
Paper: Cosmo Cricket, chocolate chip, white
Ink: black, bashful blue
Accessories: spellbinders, prismacolor pencils, odorless mineral spirits, brads, piercing tool, Helmar craft glue, liquid scrap dots, acid free glue, MuddPuddle sand, cloud stencil
Techniques: blending with odorless mineral spirits

3 comments:

Connie M. said...

hehehe, this is such an adorable, image, Amber!! Great card!!

Kisa Peters said...

AWESOME! What a perfect fisher-MAN card!!! LOVE the extras you added, the stick, the twine.....perfect!

Denise Marzec said...

Oh gosh is this CUUUUUUUUUTE!!