Sunday, June 28, 2009

Hey! I know the Featured Stamper!

No, it’s not me…. it’s my mom, DawnL! I choose to case her Pearl Friend card. Now, I may have mentioned this before but when I (and mom) do the Featured Stamper, we like to go to their very first uploads and try to case a card from there. I started there but nothing was catching my eye with what I wanted to use so I ended up on her third page (if you have it set to 96 pictures) which is still cards from ‘06 and she only started stamping in ‘05.

Anyways… I changed the colors, stamp set and changed her pearl/future ex technique she did to watercoloring. I decided to pull out the new in colors that I preordered and play with them.

I stamped the bird once in soft suede on the white, and then again on another piece of white, cut it out and attached it with glue dots. Then I stamped the bird in rich razzleberry, cut it out and attached it with dimensions. Sponged on crushed curry and soft suede on the white piece and on the soft suede piece. The flowers were stamped in soft suede and then lightly watercolored in with rich razzleberry and old olive. Sanded was stamped in the background in crushed curry on crushed curry and distressed with only soft suede.

RNanniversaryajhcopy

stamp set: Friends 24-7, Sanded
ink: crushed curry, soft suede, rich razzleberry, old olive (leaves)
paper: crushed curry, soft suede, rich razzleberry, white
accs: word window punch, brads, dimensions,  glue dots, sponge
technique: watercoloring, distressing

2 comments:

Vicki said...

Just beautiful! Looks like a lot of talent runs in the family! Blessings to you!

Susan (rainy) said...

That's such a great idea to CASE something at the beginning of their gallery. Your card is gorgeous, Amber! Goes without saying that you are both SO TALENTED!