Monday, June 8, 2009

Bear-ly Fishin’ Spotlight

This week’s Spotlight set at Our Craft Lounge is Bear-ly Fishin’. A fun little set for that Fisherman in your life.

I did a little technique that I like to call "image cut away". I stamped all the images first before doing any cutting. I used my clouzzle to cut out the squares but only far enough that the bear, tire were still attached to the paper. After using the clouzzle, I went in with my scissors and xacto knife and cut out the unstamped cardstock.

Prismacolor markers were used to color the image. Added crystal effects to the tire. I wanted a fish ‘jumpin' out of the water. The image actually faces the other way when you stamp him so I used a mirror stamp and restamped the fish to face the other way. He also has crystal effects on him to make him look ‘wet’. Cloud stencil was used for the clouds.

I cutout the main cardstock so you could see right inside the card. Cut the saying apart so I could get it to fit in the little space.

CutoutBearjahcopy

Close up of the bear and the saying:
closeupajhcopy
Inside of the card:
cutoutbearinsideamhcopy

Stamp set: Bear-ly Fishin’
paper: Not quite navy, white, design paper
ink: black, bashful blue
accs: clouzzle, crystal effects, xacto knife, cloud stencil, prismacolor markers


ps. If there is enough interest in how I did the card, I will do a tutorial post later this week. Let me know!

9 comments:

Debbie Corbari said...

This is adorable!!

Claudette said...

I'm glad I checked my blog and saw your comment. I love how you did this card and I hope to buy that set of stamps soon. I'm also a fan of using prism markers also, I love the blending one can get with them.
Thanks for visiting my blog and I enjoyed looking over yours.

Valerie said...

Darling!

scubasubie said...

great card! love the bear

Starla said...

Like the cut out technique!

Pam said...

This is great, love the cutting you did!!

Heather McNally and Melissa MacDonald said...

Oooh - I love it! Great card - WOW on the cutting!

Kisa Peters said...

I LOVE that technique! The image works perfectly for it! OF coure, we LOVE nesties, but you just can't do this with nesties!

Amber.....if you LOVE your Prismacolor pens...OH MY WORD! You are going to DIE when you try Copic! I started with PC for over a year, and now I have started a small collection of Copic - I'm at 24 now.....waiting for an order of 72....and WOWOWOWOW! There is a difference....it is huge.....they are SOO much juicer, so it will take some time, but Copic are going to KYSO! (KNOCK YOUR SOCKS OFF) BABY!!!!!

Sue D said...

Love this card--yes do a tutorial!