Wednesday, February 25, 2009

"Faith"

It has been a while since I've stamped that I wasn't sure I could remember how! I know, you are probably wondering where I have been. Well, I've been right here at home just haven't been stamping! *shock, horror* What is this world coming to when I don't stamp? But it's true! I didn't stamp at all last week. Nope, instead I did the terrible five letter word... CLEAN, all WEEK LONG!!!! (no, I'm not for hire. LOL)

The family has been down with fevers and colds and even though I really needed a break from it all and should have stamped, I cleaned. I even cleaned my stamping area! Infact it was so clean that I was actually inspired to stamp on Sunday and do the Featured Stamper!

I cased this card of Jami's. Changing the colors, images and the embellishments. Have I mentioned how much I love Treehouse Stamps newest set "Count your Blessings"? I stamped the cross in chocolate chip and then sponged some bravo burgundy around it. Jami did cracked glass on her image and since it is such a fun technique, I had to do it too. Covering the image with clear embossing powder a few times and freezing it. Well my image was hardening in the freezer, I finished the rest of my card.

Love my design paper? I got it for FREE! Yes, I said, FREE and so can YOU!! Because my design paper is actually WALLPAPER!! So how can you get your free design paper? Just go to any paint store and ask for discontinued wallpaper books that you could have. I know, it takes guts to go in and ask a question like that and sometimes you get a wierd stare but it is worth it in the end! So anyways, I decided to pull out my wallpaper books and find a piece that would go with the image.

I ran one piece through the cuttlebug and stamped "Faith" on the other piece. I stamped in distress ink so it did take a little longer to dry. I used jumbo square brads and a piece of gathered ribbon to finish off the card. Now to get the image out of the freezer and crack it.

After cracking it, I rubbed distress ink on it to vintage it up. The brown layer there with the image is another piece of wallpaper!

stamp: Count your Blessings - Treehouse Stamps; paper: chocolate chip, vanilla, wallpaper; ink: chocolate chip, bravo burgundy, distress ink; accs: square brads, clear embossing powder, ribbon, cuttlebug

4 comments:

Connie M. said...

This is beautiful, Amber!

~T~ said...

Love your card! Please visit as I've "tagged" you in some bloggy love! :-)

Jennifer Schmidt said...

Hi Amber!! I should do less stamping and more cleaning too! What a gorgeous card!

Mary said...

Beautiful card. TFS