Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Loads of Love bag and tutorial

Whew, what a week! I'm back to stamping after taking almost a 2 week break! Yeah, think i was sick. hehe So be prepared to be bombarded with posts today! For my first post, we have a cute little bag that I had started for Jan's demo stamp camp that got postponed to the end of Feb because of weather. (I can't take credit for this idea. There are plenty floating around on SCS that I got the idea from.)

I used SU's Top Note die three different times, cutting the design paper in half to cover the bottom white. The truck is paper pieced with the same design paper. Hearts were colored with water color crayons and a layer of crystal effects was added over top of them and over the windows. Small oval punch was used for 'handle'.

Here is a side view. You can see the bag sandwiched in between the two Basic Gray Top Notes. I found it easy to punch through the front top note and the bag together first then put on the back top note. Line up the punch to the punched out oval in the bag and punch the back top note. You can punch all four layers together but it is pretty hard. And incase you are wondering, I used plain regular double sided tape to hold it all together.

So where did I find a bag that small to fit my top note? I didn't, I made it! It's called an Envelopbag. And they are really easy to do (has to be or I wouldn't have made 16 of these for the swap! lol) But even though they are easy, I know some of you are like me and need a visual so I did a quick tutorial. Feel free to ask any questions if there is something you can't figure out.

Tutorial on how to make the Envelope Bags

You can use any size of envelope. For the bags above, I used a 5 x 7 1/2 " envelope (that opened at the side) and cut it twice so I got two bags out of it. For tutorial purposes, I used a regular size envelope. Make sure you seal the envelope before starting!



You want the sides/bottom to become 'walls'.

I then like to push in the sides so the bag collapes before taping on the Top Notes, as you can see the side view shot above.

Supplies used:
stamp set: Loads Of Love, Loads Of Love Acces.,
paper: SU's Urban Garden design paper, white, basic gray;
ink: black stazon;
accs: watercolor crayons, crystal effects, Big Shot Top Note die,
Small Oval Punch, dimensionals, envelopes

5 comments:

Kim said...

Amber, I love that!!!! I have been wanting to make that bag and also need to use my LOL stamp set - I love how your paper pieced it instead of coloring. LOVE IT!

Starla said...

Need to get out my top note and try this....

Anonymous said...

Totally adorable Amber!! Thanks for the nice tutorial!! :)

Angie Z ~ Duckwaddlequack said...

Darling! I love that set but haven't used it in soooooooo long. I bet there's an inch of dust on it! Have a great day!!:)
~Angie

Nancy Ward said...

Yesterday I posted an entry on my blog with a link to this tutorial.

Would you let me know if that's OK?

Thanks,

Nancy Ward
http://paperfriendly.blogspot.com