Wednesday, February 4, 2009

2 new MFT sets

I loved today's sketch challenge214 on SCS!! So simple (that is if you make it, of course i used stuff that had to dry so my card took all day!! go figure! lol).

I used an alphabet set that is being released from MFT tonight, Bling 'Bet. There are 'spots' on the letters that allow you to fill them with 'bling' if you wish. I used cotton candy stickles to fill the 'spots'. I also cut out the letters individually and then used Helmar Liquid Scrap Dots to make them different hieghts.

How do you like all that design paper?? Guess what?? It's DIGITAL!! From MFT, called Chocolate Kisses. After ordering it, you download it and there it is on your hard drive for you to use when ever you want. An endless supply of design paper!!

stamp: bling 'bet by mft; paper: chocolate chip, pink, white, chocolate kiss digital design paper; ink: distress ink; accs: cotton candy stickles, ribbon, heart charm, distressing tool, helmar liquid scrap dot

I almost didn't do the Try New Technique206, Recessed Window, as I had had a rough weekend and just couldn't wrap my head around it. So I saved it for the color challenge204A and after working on it for most of the day, I got it!! And actually love it!! (I know.. I'm crazy!! lol)

I used another MFT set that is being released tonight called Tea-Rific by Stephanie Frizer. I used watercolor crayons to color the image. I made my frame by using the scallop edge punch and cutting it to fit the window. Martha Stewart doily border punch was used on the digital paper. (yes, more digital paper from MFT, Stephanie Frizer Spring Collection digital paper)

I made the sentiment 'label' using the notched punch and artist pen for the faux stitching. Helmar Liquid Scrap Dots was used again on the primas and the 'label'.
stamp: tea-rific by mft; paper: cameo coral, old olive, creamy caramel, stephanie frizer spring digital collection paper; ink: black, cameo coral; accs: water color crayons, aquapainter, scallop edge punch, martha stewart doily punch, primas, brads, helmar liquid scrap dot

My Favorite Things (http://www.mftstamps.com/) is having a New Release Cocktail Party on Wednesday, Februray 4th from 9-10 p.m. EST. This month there are THREE new sets being released including a Who's that Girl set that is GOING DIGITAL!Head over to the MFT forum on http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ to find out all the details and to find out how YOU can be the next MFT Guest Designer. We hope to see you there on Wednesday night.

3 comments:

thescrapmaster said...

Great cards! That mouse is too cute!!!

~Samantha

Starla said...

Cute cards!! I need to try and do that window thingy

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

Both cards are just adorable, Amber!!! I especially love the color scheme on the 2nd one!! Your Helmar products sound interesting, for sure. And YES, it is confirmed, I do live under a rock, both IRL and in cyberland!!! I don't get out much in either place!!! LOL!!!