Thursday, February 12, 2009

Count Your Butterfly Kisses!

Treehouse Stamps is releasing some new rubbah this Friday and I have some sneaks to share with you! I think these are my favorite sets so far from Treehouse! First we have

Butterfly kisses

I loved the colors Emily picked for the Color Challenge 205, (pink pirouette/pretty in pink, perfect plum, kiwi kiss/old olive) this week over on SCS. So springie like that I just had to use Butterfly Kisses! I even used the layout from this weeks CPS sketch102.

I stamped the butterfly in perfect plum twice. Cut both butterflies out and then layered them by gluing only their bodies together. I used Helmar's Premium Craft Glue. I then took Helmar's Liquid Scrap Dots and added different amounts to the wings to give them dimension. Using the three little butterflies, I stamped all over the white in pink and sponged on more pink around the edges. Sentiment is stamped in old olive and a little star burst is stamped on the old olive cardstock. I used Martha Stewart's doily punch on the pink cardstock.

This set has another big butterfly and a few small ones plus some more sayings. Like I said... I'm loving this set!



stamp: Butterfly Kisses - Treehouse Stamps; Paper: pretty in pink, old olive, white, perfect plum; ink: perfect plum, pretty in pink, old olive; accs: martha stewart doily punch, artist pen, helmar liquid scrap dots, helmar premium craft glue

Count Your...

For sketch challenge 215 on SCS I used the second set being released from Treehouse Stamps, Count your blessings. Since I still had the colors sitting out from the color challenge, I just used them. I thought the Basic Grey dsp went perfectly with the colors. A little sponging around the cross in pretty in pink and old olive. Rounded the corners with the small corner round punch and added the 'corner' stamp that is in the set.

The Basic Grey paper and Cuttlebug folder can be found at
Treehouse Stamps. Count Your Blessings has another cross and more sentiments in the set. Did I mention I'm loving this set too?

stamp: Count Your Blessings - Treehouse Stamps; paper: Sultry BasicGrey, Chocolate Chip, Old Olive, White; ink: Old Olive, Pretty in Pink, Chocolate Chip; Accs: corner round punch, cuttlebug

FYI.....You will not want to miss my post tomorrow!!

3 comments:

thescrapmaster said...

That butterfly on the first card is gorgeous! Your cards are really pretty.

~Samantha

Charity Hassel said...

how pretty are these cards! great stamping! thanks for playing along at the cps blog! that butterfly's so pretty! hope you join us again!

Linda Beeson said...

So love that butterfly - love what you did with the CPS sketch.